You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) 2/7/2020 - Premier League - 20:15

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

I'd play our best team.

Yes, 3 months rest , eight days since last game and still 6 games to go , cant see why we would piss around with selection at this juncture.

If the 5 games qualification rule mentioned earlier on here is correct I would hope the younger lads like Jones, Williams and Elliott would be sorted out by judicious use of the 5 sub rule over the remainder of the season.

• Upvote 1

Couldn’t give a fuck what the final score is. Matters not a jot. I’d like it that when halftime comes Klopp walks on to the pitch with a big bag of cans and starts passing them out to our players who sit down in the centre circle and have a few beers and a couple of tabs.   Then, in the second half, each time Man City score we high five their players while roaring laughing. And then, obviously, at full time, more cans from Klopp. 

• Upvote 1

Be surprised if we win this game, not because our attitudes have changed, but the hangovers will be affecting them. 

Hope we win though, need to smash their points record as a final insult to them, 100 points was a hell of an achievement at the when they did it, and I thought it would stand for a long time, it will proper piss on their chips having that taken away. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Be surprised if we win this game, not because our attitudes have changed, but the hangovers will be affecting them. 

Hope we win though, need to smash their points record as a final insult to them, 100 points was a hell of an achievement at the when they did it, and I thought it would stand for a long time, it will proper piss on their chips having that taken away. 

I don’t think they will be drinking apart from on Thursday night. I see complete professionalism these days, and I expect the desire will still be there come kick off.

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I don’t think they will be drinking apart from on Thursday night. I see complete professionalism these days, and I expect the desire will still be there come kick off.

I'm probably projecting a bit but after I've had a heavy night I'm fucked for about a week. 

I'm sure being young athletes they'll bounce back quicker than I do though. 

Plus half our players don't drink anyway, so a team of our minors, Muslims, and Milner still makes a decent line up. 

Absolutely brilliant going there with it all wrapped up and us as CHAMPIONS.

Let their fans work themselves into a lather about this - wanting to 'put a marker down for next season' 'show us who is really the best' blah blah fucking blah.....

I'd love us to dick them just to rub it in, but frankly it makes no difference - the war is won, this little battle is irrelevant.

Be tough for us to be really at it i'd imagine and probably same for them - could end up being a non event.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Let their fans work themselves into a lather about this - wanting to 'put a marker down for next season' 'show us who is really the best' blah blah fucking blah.....

I'd love us to dick them just to rub it in, but frankly it makes no difference - the war is won, this little battle is irrelevant.

Be tough for us to be really at it i'd imagine and probably same for them - could end up being a non event.

Them winning the Community Shield was supposed to be putting a marker down for the season. 

Went well for them. 

59 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I'm probably projecting a bit but after I've had a heavy night I'm fucked for about a week. 

I'm sure being young athletes they'll bounce back quicker than I do though. 

Plus half our players don't drink anyway, so a team of our minors, Muslims, and Milner still makes a decent line up. 

Well yeah me too but when I was in my 20s I’d be fine after an hour or so. A big fry up and 12 cups of tea and I’m ready for a can of Stella.  I should let our fitness coach  know actually, although I think fitness science may have evolved since then.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Screen_shot_2012-05-10_at_4.38.30_PM.jpg

8 hours ago, an tha said:

I don't think Klopp or the players will think like that, they will want to beat City. I expect it to be the opposite of a non-event in fact it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bit of needle in the game, the likes of Sterling and Gomez after their last incident, throw in Robbo who just loves a wind-up and it might get fun.

Would love to win this but you know city will bust a gut to make sure than doesnt happen. We looked good against Palace but to be fair to city, once they equalised I thought there was only going to be one winner at chelsea. They've clearly been having 11 v 11 internal games to keep their fitness because after they went down to 10 men, they still looked fitter than chelsea.

Id take a draw right now, the fuck I want to see us beaten by them and no way do I think Jurgen would send the boys out with a couldnt care less attitude.

1-1 methinks.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hopefully we can rub a load of salt into that gaping wound. The players will be up for this and want to strut about as the Champions they are without any pressure whatsoever. City still have the CL, so I can't see them wanting to mix it too hard, they'll also be mentally scared and missing a few players. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Unless any of the players are carrying knocks I'm guessing Klopp will play his strongest side as a nod to the players who played the biggest part in landing the title. Due to the 5 substitutions he can easily bring on the majority of those who played more of a bit part during the game. 

On 27/06/2020 at 10:04, sir roger said:

Yes, 3 months rest , eight days since last game and still 6 games to go , cant see why we would piss around with selection at this juncture.

If the 5 games qualification rule mentioned earlier on here is correct I would hope the younger lads like Jones, Williams and Elliott would be sorted out by judicious use of the 5 sub rule over the remainder of the season.

I tend to think it’d be wiser not to go out of our way to get those young lads a medal. Can imagine their desire and hunger will be stronger over the next few years if they dont get one this time. A player like Elliott for sure hasnt contributed, on the field at least, to us winning it. Can easily see a young lad getting a bit complacent from getting a medal at such an early stage in his career, so why not let them keep working hard and if they deserve it in the future their day will come.

• Upvote 1