You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stealing a living X

Lee909

Is this turning into a ‘Shit signings’ XI?

There’s a fair few I agree with - players who piss(ed) their talent down the toilet for the most part - but some of them are just crap signings whose moves didn’t work out. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Benteke and I was glad when we got rid, but his time at Anfield wasn’t the same as Joe Cole who by his own admission just didn’t want to be here from Day One. On that basis, surely Michael Owen at Newcastle (“How dare you boo me! I’ve worked so hard... to get fit for the World Cup.”) stole a living far more than Benteke did from us. 

45 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Is this turning into a ‘Shit signings’ XI?

There’s a fair few I agree with - players who piss(ed) their talent down the toilet for the most part - but some of them are just crap signings whose moves didn’t work out. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Benteke and I was glad when we got rid, but his time at Anfield wasn’t the same as Joe Cole who by his own admission just didn’t want to be here from Day One. On that basis, surely Michael Owen at Newcastle (“How dare you boo me! I’ve worked so hard... to get fit for the World Cup.”) stole a living far more than Benteke did from us. 

Who said its Benteke for us

It's more the player Villa spent 30ml on and are paying 125 grand a week. 

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Who said its Benteke for us

It's more the player Villa spent 30ml on and are paying 125 grand a week. 

Eh? Benteke was decent for Villa, scored loads for them. Do you mean Palace? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I love the fact that the title is "Stealing A Living X" - because one of the XI is such a wage thief he couldn't even be arsed showing up for this.

Haha

Hadn't noticed that