You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pubs Re-Opening

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Anybody been to a Wetherspoons since reopening ?

Are they on a booking basis or a take your chance system.

Cheers in advance

After what that shithead did during the referendum I’ll never set foot inside one of his morgue waiting rooms.

My resolve was only strengthened with the cunts antics with his staff during Covid. 

Absolute bellend.

Try and find a local, possibly independent, and don’t give that cunt a penny of your money.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Cheers in advance

Take your chance is indeed the phrase. They're not bothering with any of that contact tracing nonsense. That's for liberals who want to stop freedom. I've been into 3 (all because of lack of choice) and not been asked for details once. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/06/2020 at 20:12, Section_31 said:

Woolton village was heaving on Saturdsy, a few are doing takeaway pijys and people were sat in the street and on benches, looked like a festival, lunacy.

I'm fairly relaxed about the lock down measures that have been lifted so far, but pubs and cafes must surely be the most dangerous in terms of spreading a virus. Even a restaurant has some measure of control to it because you have to book and be shown to your table.

Did you have a day with CT? And take away fucking what?

On 23/06/2020 at 20:12, Dr Nowt said:

Not a chance in hell. This is one large-scale social experiment I don’t fancy being a participant in.

Shithouse Nowty!

On 23/06/2020 at 20:21, Vincent Vega said:

I’ve met up with a couple of mates to drink a few cans in a local park. I’ll be sticking to that arrangement for as long as the weather allows. 

I imagine when they first open it will be like Xmas or New Year with the pubs full of people who never normally visit a pub. 

get Carter?

22 hours ago, sir roger said:

Cheers in advance

Went in one last week as my mate and missus was down so four of us went in where we got asked to wash our hands at the door and sit at a table with four chairs, fair enough though the queuing away from the bar was a bit shit. 

It was ok though this particular one is last at the best of times. 

Have to agree with someone mentioning the arsehole Tim Martin,  but on the whole we've always found them a good place to meet up, most lads from Liverpool, before moving on to mates pub or something, depends on your company I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Cheers, easy,

Noticed the Cross House has a booking system and is part of this cheap Monday to Wednesday thing , so will tell them the Wetherspoons is still closed.

I don't think I could be arsed with that booking system, this one here hasn't had thought it's quite big mind so spacious enough to keep your distance, with barriers between most tables. 

I smoke unfortunately so when I go outside you have to keep away from the door, obviously, and the 6/8 tables outside which I do but I've noticed they've turned a blind eye to that and added more tables on the pavement outside next door what was Walkabouts, didn't think they could that, though drinking on the High St isn't for me. 

I'm up home next week and was wondering what town is like, our Jimmy said the Central and around there are open, doubt the Globe is, so wondering where best to go for a walk around, not sure to leave it a bit longer in the hope it all gets back to normal, booked in Aug 21st for 3.ights at Lime St Premiere Inn so have to go then. 

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I don't think I could be arsed with that booking system, this one here hasn't had thought it's quite big mind so spacious enough to keep your distance, with barriers between most tables. 

I smoke unfortunately so when I go outside you have to keep away from the door, obviously, and the 6/8 tables outside which I do but I've noticed they've turned a blind eye to that and added more tables on the pavement outside next door what was Walkabouts, didn't think they could that, though drinking on the High St isn't for me. 

I'm up home next week and was wondering what town is like, our Jimmy said the Central and around there are open, doubt the Globe is, so wondering where best to go for a walk around, not sure to leave it a bit longer in the hope it all gets back to normal, booked in Aug 21st for 3.ights at Lime St Premiere Inn so have to go then. 

Is the Blob still open? I reckon you could have caught Covid in there before it was even discovered in Wuhan. 

• Upvote 2

The pub I go in are really playing it by the rules, sanitise before you go in, wait before you are seated, give contact details and drinks to the table. You have then have to hand sanitise before you go through to the bogs and when you go back into the bar. After a skinful you end up with no finger prints and a burnt dick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is the Blob still open? I reckon you could have caught Covid in there before it was even discovered in Wuhan. 

Haha probably, I don't know as I live down here, I should imagine. My mate who was down last week, a bit older than me, said they used to serve sardines in there too, years ago, i can't see why sardines it seems bizarre, never heard that before anywhere. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

When the Aussie white is darker than the Aussie red , it is a bit worrying.

I couldn't drink that anymore, it's been years since I have. Helicopter fuel. 

A couple of years ago I got into town about 6ish, my mate was in the Richmond, used to go the game as kids, he was with some fella who was absolutely bladdered on it ,  but it was large one and a glass of cider each time so no wonder. 

• Upvote 1