You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pubs Re-Opening

Bjornebye

You're allowed to go the beaches.. outrage as people go to the beach. Same as the pubs. The government relaxed the message and people relaxed their attitudes. Everything from the Tories has been along the lines of open for business. It's exactly what they wanted from the start except now they can say they did something but people were foolish.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You're allowed to go the beaches.. outrage as people go to the beach. Same as the pubs. The government relaxed the message and people relaxed their attitudes. Everything from the Tories has been along the lines of open for business. It's exactly what they wanted from the start except now they can say they did something but people were foolish.

Yep, operation 'blame us' is proceeding according to plan.

* does sinister laugh 

• Upvote 1

Actually, it won't do people any harm to take a bit of responsibility for their own actions.  Go out, just don't end up hugging and snogging every new best mate after dropping a tab and drinking 8 pints of Carling before ending up a pool of your own piss and vomit at 3am.  

How quickly I forget...

• Upvote 1

Landlady at a local pub on FB this morning claiming a street brawl was nothing to do with them as it happened about 100 yards up the road, outside the mini Tesco’s. When it was pointed out that most of the scrap merchants had been drinking in her pub for most of the afternoon she went a bit quiet.

To be fair, it’s not completely her fault that grown men decide to have a game of fisticuffs on the way home from the boozer, but suggesting that the fight might have been as a result of an over indulgence of groceries, rather than too much alcohol, seems to be pushing it. 

20 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Landlady at a local pub on FB this morning claiming a street brawl was nothing to do with them as it happened about 100 yards up the road, outside the mini Tesco’s. When it was pointed out that most of the scrap merchants had been drinking in her pub for most of the afternoon she went a bit quiet.

To be fair, it’s not completely her fault that grown men decide to have a game of fisticuffs on the way home from the boozer, but suggesting that the fight might have been as a result of an over indulgence of groceries, rather than too much alcohol, seems to be pushing it. 

Wait, so you're telling me you've never had a scrap outside Tesco over some Bernard Matthews turkey dinosaurs?

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Wait, so you're telling me you've never had a scrap outside Tesco over some Bernard Matthews turkey dinosaurs?

Not personally, but you do have a point. It’s entirely plausible that missing out on the final packet of these delicacies could be the spark for afternoon street carnage, skinful or not. 

I’m no fighter but I’d end anybody who deprived me of my primary Sunday lunch ingredient. 

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I genuinely saw a fist fight breakout at the Tesco discount isle, don’t know what it was over specifically, but if you’ve reached that point in life there’s fuck all hope for you.

I think my lowest ever point as a British person was when a guy working in Asda dropped a crate of something glass. A good half a dozen or more people in the aisle instinctively did that “Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey” pub cheer thing in unison.

Not so much God-tier spirit-crushing, as Go back round carefully replacing everything where you got it from and proceed immediately to the garage with a hose-tier.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I think my lowest ever point as a British person was when a guy working in Asda dropped a crate of something glass. A good half a dozen or more people in the aisle instinctively did that “Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey” pub cheer thing in unison.

Not so much God-tier spirit-crushing, as Go back round carefully replacing everything where you got it from and proceed immediately to the garage with a hose-tier.

My faith in humanity is a complex beast, but I think when I fully swung towards the misanthropic was when I saw a fight break out as a man, being polite, ushered a car across a zebra crossing he was on, the guy in the car insisted the man on foot crossed. This continued in good nature for five seconds of British awkwardness before the car behind beeped. 

This caused the man in the first car to scream at the man on foot ‘hurry up you stupid fucking cunt’! Obviously man on foot took exception and all hell broke loose and he ran at the car and just stated unloading on the guy, who was trapped in the car by his seat belt. He managed to get out of the car and level up the playing field so to speak. The guy in the car behind is still beeping at this point, so gets dragged in to the affray. So you have a weird three way fight where there were no alliance.

I have never shook my head in disbelief so much.

• Upvote 2