You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pubs Re-Opening

Bjornebye

I appreciate it must be very tough for landlords and bar workers right now but the rush to re-open them is really fucking stupid. Imagine how difficult its going to be fore staff to enforce distancing rules. A bunch of pissed up fairy bastards aren't going to abide by any rules, they all just spread the virus from pub to pub. They should have been one of the last things re-opened. 

Don't get me wrong, I am really missing a pint in the pub but I very much doubt I'll go into one until the beginning of next season at the earliest. I had a pint outside the Sefton on my own on Sunday which was nice but going into a pub and mingling, fuck that. 

Countless people I know are all over Facebook and Instagram rejoicing that the pub is going to be open again when I know full well most of them barely even go the pub when its open anyway. You won't find me anywhere near the absolute cunt-fest of a first few weeks of them re-opening. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Woolton village was heaving on Saturdsy, a few are doing takeaway pijys and people were sat in the street and on benches, looked like a festival, lunacy.

I'm fairly relaxed about the lock down measures that have been lifted so far, but pubs and cafes must surely be the most dangerous in terms of spreading a virus. Even a restaurant has some measure of control to it because you have to book and be shown to your table.

Yeah I don't go the pub that much anyway, usually just big prem games and champions league. 

I'm happy that things are getting back to some normality and people can start making a living again but it's too soon.

I’ve met up with a couple of mates to drink a few cans in a local park. I’ll be sticking to that arrangement for as long as the weather allows. 

I imagine when they first open it will be like Xmas or New Year with the pubs full of people who never normally visit a pub. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

I’ve met up with a couple of mates to drink a few cans in a local park. I’ll be sticking to that arrangement for as long as the weather allows. 

I imagine when they first open it will be like Xmas or New Year with the pubs full of people who never normally visit a pub. 

Yep and loads of bastards will drink to excess and start acting the wanker. Its going to be absolute hell, particularly pubs/bars in town and city centres. 

Pubs opened here 3 weeks ago and I haven't been back yet. The numbers in the UK are far worse than here.

Apart from the safety aspect, I don't fancy having to book a seat in advance, then being stuck in one spec while surrounded by the sort of blerts who don't normally go the pub unless you have to book it in advance. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Pubs have been opened for a while over here. I walked past one yesterday on my way to reha-sport and the door was open, so I took a peak and the bar was packed with stupid fuckers sat next to each other, fuck that. To be fair, a lot of the main pubs over here have beer gardens and you can clearly see that people are using them more and social distancing. Like Captain Milk says, it all seems like a social experiment and why volunteer to be part of it? 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep and loads of bastards will drink to excess and start acting the wanker. Its going to be absolute hell, particularly pubs/bars in town and city centres. 

When a certain sport is on, definitely. You'll probably see a spike in those using drinking establishments that show the games. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I appreciate it must be very tough for landlords and bar workers right now but the rush to re-open them is really fucking stupid. Imagine how difficult its going to be fore staff to enforce distancing rules. A bunch of pissed up fairy bastards aren't going to abide by any rules, they all just spread the virus from pub to pub. They should have been one of the last things re-opened. 

Don't get me wrong, I am really missing a pint in the pub but I very much doubt I'll go into one until the beginning of next season at the earliest. I had a pint outside the Sefton on my own on Sunday which was nice but going into a pub and mingling, fuck that. 

Countless people I know are all over Facebook and Instagram rejoicing that the pub is going to be open again when I know full well most of them barely even go the pub when its open anyway. You won't find me anywhere near the absolute cunt-fest of a first few weeks of them re-opening. 

If I happen to be walking past a pub with it's doors open and there's not many people in there, I may pop in for a quick half. Fuck knows how I'll drink it though with a mask on. Might have to shove it up my arse.

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

You are definitely going to see dickheads getting tanked up to make up for those months when they couldn't leave the house.

I'll see you there then?

33 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

If I happen to be walking past a pub with it's doors open and there's not many people in there, I may pop in for a quick half. Fuck knows how I'll drink it though with a mask on. Might have to shove it up my arse.

Send for Mook.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

You are definitely going to see dickheads getting tanked up to make up for those months when they couldn't leave the house.

And I’d be pretty confident that the first ones in there will be those who have been ignoring all the lockdown/social distancing rules anyway.

Yeah, I’ve missed being able to go out but like VV said I’d be meeting up in the open air with people I trust for a good while yet.

Will be interesting to see how people react to things re-opening, this lockdown has had to have an effect on people’s mentalities. Few examples

When Shanghai re-opened a while back, I spoke to one of my colleagues out there and she said the the bars and restaurants were dead for a few weeks as nobody seemed to believe they were safe

Over here, face masks are compulsory in indoor spaces such as shops. It’s hot so many people are wearing them below their noses. For some reason I am struggling to control a desire to punch them - obviously a bit of an over-reaction

My sister went into a city centre for the first time since lockdown (happened to be Birmingham as she was visiting some family) and had a panic attack as she felt that people weren’t distancing when walking down the street

I think pubs could be an issue - as above, people are still psychologically reacting to the virus and mixed with alcohol, it might cause a few problems 

11 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Will be interesting to see how people react to things re-opening, this lockdown has had to have an effect on people’s mentalities. Few examples

When Shanghai re-opened a while back, I spoke to one of my colleagues out there and she said the the bars and restaurants were dead for a few weeks as nobody seemed to believe they were safe

Over here, face masks are compulsory in indoor spaces such as shops. It’s hot so many people are wearing them below their noses. For some reason I am struggling to control a desire to punch them - obviously a bit of an over-reaction

My sister went into a city centre for the first time since lockdown (happened to be Birmingham as she was visiting some family) and had a panic attack as she felt that people weren’t distancing when walking down the street

I think pubs could be an issue - as above, people are still psychologically reacting to the virus and mixed with alcohol, it might cause a few problems 

I don't think this applies to the UK, it's in a massive proportion of the genetic make up to get smashed at every given opportunity and is hugely cultural compared to china, the pubs will be rammed.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Plus you will probably be expected to give, name, address and phone number at each pub you go in. Fuck that.

I want the pubs to open so I can officially start my Weatherspoons boycott.

I don't know my own number, and by pub 3 I don't usually know my own name.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Four years ago lived in an apartment but there was a nice park across the street so in the summer would go and sit and have a few cans. 

It's illegal to drink the park so I enjoyed it even more being a dangerous criminal. 

• Upvote 4

The first 4-5 weeks of the lock down, I had access to a boozer, so just me and a single mate drinking the last of the ale. Now I'm 8-10 weeks without a pint I'm gagging, however - I'm not daft enough to expect a full open all doors.

I think there will be two ways of going about it - the in town fuck it we're open method, and the more local pub, so locals only at first method.

Speaking to me mate, he'll be going with the latter, so its known people, who know one another, who will afford one another the space and courtesy to adhere to social distancing and also the orderlyness at the bar, that will be a necessity. 

52 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

A big problem with pubs and restaurants will be the toilets. Will they have members of staff disinfecting toilet seats, taps handles, etc. after every use?

I doubt it. Plus, plenty of toilets don’t have windows, so ventilation will be an issue.

My local will have to utterly transform the toilets- they were pretty bad, bio hazards at the best of times. Like all pub toilets, they have the 2 heavy doors to get into them which would almost need constantly cleaning.

I can guarantee you will STILL get people that dont wash their hands. Pre-virus that used to piss me off, now, I can see fights occurring over that very issue         

• Upvote 1