You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My missus said something like “if he was playing for us that would’ve been a good header” after one of his second half fluffs.

I told her he used to, and it was doing stuff like that which led to him not anymore.

i used to rate him higher than I should have. I’m so thankful for Virg and Joe.

I thought he fought hard all night and played as well as anybody could in the circumstances.We were immense.

Joe and Virgil could have brought easy chairs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Tyler's start to the second half where he indicated that the premier league was somehow a completely different competition to the top flight that preceded it's creation was outright bizarre and almost the pinnacle of Sky and their attempts to state that football started in 1992.

Completely agree on Klopp, the work he has done to overcome the blue wall of money has been unbelievable. I really thought we wouldn't be able to surmount City and Chelsea's resources. There have been numerous games where they have been able to bring on players from the substitutes bench who would basically be guaranteed starters in other top 4 sides who must be in receipt of huge financial packages and the feeling I used to get was this is insurmountable, but he has proved me wrong and for that I'll be forever grateful to him.

They literally just changed the name. One season ended another one began under a new name. 3 points a win, 1 point a draw and zero points a loss the same as the previous season. Same teams apart from promotions and relegations, same players aside from the usual transfers.  They repackaged it to sell but football was exactly the same. Do we divide the FA cup by who sponsored it, the league cup  the champions league. It's ridiculous. Liverpool will be champions of England for the 19th time. Anybody who separates being the champions into league champions and premier champions is a fuckwit beyond measure and highlights themself as a marketing sheep, the mark that office yuppies target because they are thick as shit and easy to manipulate. 

The kind of trebor extra Mong strength like United fans who when they had less titles than Liverpool would wipe everything Busby and his babes achieved from their history so they could say United had more prem titles than Liverpool but then when they won number 19 it magically became 19 titles and then 20 and if it happens we win 21 before they do I guarantee Busbys titles will be consigned to the bin as they declare football began in 1992 again. Fuckwits. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

A flawless performance and result impeccable. 

Just to add on Williams and Trent - what a potential dilemma! Neco has looked excellent in the few games he's played and well capable of making the step up. In the commentary they mentioned he used to be a winger, for those that have seen more of him is it possible we're making the wrong assumption regards him and Trent? There's always been talk of Trent moving in to midfield one day, which I get, but could Williams do it instead? I thought he looked really positive going forward and with some physical development could be well suited to the right hand side of the midfield three.

He’s always played RB for us from memory. I remember Dynamite and Usher bigging him how.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They literally just changed the name. One season ended another one began under a new name. 3 points a win, 1 point a draw and zero points a loss the same as the previous season. Same teams apart from promotions and relegations, same players aside from the usual transfers.  They repackaged it to sell but football was exactly the same. Do we divide the FA cup by who sponsored it, the league cup  the champions league. It's ridiculous. Liverpool will be champions of England for the 19th time. Anybody who separates being the champions into league champions and premier champions is a fuckwit beyond measure and highlights themself as a marketing sheep, the mark that office yuppies target because they are thick as shit and easy to manipulate. 

The kind of trebor extra Mong strength like United fans who when they had less titles than Liverpool would wipe everything Busby and his babes achieved from their history so they could say United had more prem titles than Liverpool but then when they won number 19 it magically became 19 titles and then 20 and if it happens we win 21 before they do I guarantee Busbys titles will be consigned to the bin as they declare football began in 1992 again. Fuckwits. 

Spot on

Tyler was droning on about some shite about us taking our time to get used to what the PL was all about....or something.

Er, it was and is exactly the same as before it's name was changed - the top flight in English football.

Just looking at the Mirror’s match report before by Maddock. I don’t know if he also did the player ratings, but whoever did it clearly doesn’t know a lot about football. Six of our players were given 6 out of 10, four were given 7 out of 10, with Fabinho getting 8 out of 10. I assume whoever gave those marks usually score most other clubs players 2 or 3 out of 10, with man of the match getting 5 out of 10, because that was some performance last night especially with no fans in attendance.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, an tha said:

Spot on

Tyler was droning on about some shite about us taking our time to get used to what the PL was all about....or something.

Er, it was and is exactly the same as before it's name was changed - the top flight in English football.

It's like when people waffle on about players or managers who "know what it takes to win the Premier League".

You know what it takes to win games?  Keep doing that.  There's no fucking secret.

1 hour ago, A_S said:

I saw a YT comment saying that Alisson was the only spectator allowed in the ground. I laughed. 

I've not seen his stats, but I think I'm right in saying he touched the ball once in the second half.

The thing is, though, you just know that if Palace had managed an attack, he would have been totally switched on. 

12 hours ago, Code said:

That was great that, even the Upper Main Stand where I was sitting went wild after that Salah goal.

55,000 people simultaneously thinking "Fuck it!  This has gone too far to be jinxed.  We are going to win it and I'm going to shout it loud."

Wonderful moment.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

55,000 people simultaneously thinking "Fuck it!  This has gone too far to be jinxed.  We are going to win it and I'm going to shout it loud."

Wonderful moment.

You have to wonder whether the people who were griping about it have ever been to a match. With all those Mancs providing a captive audience - literally, they couldn't leave - to have NOT chanted "we're gonna win the league!" would have been a crime.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just looking at the Mirror’s match report before by Maddock. I don’t know if he also did the player ratings, but whoever did it clearly doesn’t know a lot about football. Six of our players were given 6 out of 10, four were given 7 out of 10, with Fabinho getting 8 out of 10. I assume whoever gave those marks usually score most other clubs players 2 or 3 out of 10, with man of the match getting 5 out of 10, because that was some performance last night especially with no fans in attendance.

Somehow got a bonus point on Fantasy League for TAA being our 3rd best player at Goodison !!

Lucky that StevieWonder was on point that week.