You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Best we have played for a very long time, good to see us getting back into our rhythm.

Neco Williams doesnt look out of place in the Premier league.

Feeling very good about this one.

No, not because it's good for Liverpool. I'm feeling good about it because I once watched him play as a 16 year old for our U18s and spent the next week telling anyone who would listen that he was going to become a starter for us one day.

My record of such rash predictions is ... ahem ... speckled ("Lauri Dalla Valle is the next Fowler") but I'm pleased to see this one has a chance of working out. Possibly.

What a brilliant game... Was worth sitting up till 3am to watch... 90+ minutes and our guys were still counter pressing...

I thought ox and Minamino showed great energy when they came to play and was instrumental in not putting our foot down. Neco was great and showed great skills couple of times and could have had an assist and a goal. 

Tyler was so fucking annoying last night. The difference with how he comments on us compared to United is like night and day. They're majestic. Hope us winning the league hurts him to the core.

Klopp is just the greatest. To have us were we are against the financially doped city is unreal.

A flawless performance and result impeccable. 

Just to add on Williams and Trent - what a potential dilemma! Neco has looked excellent in the few games he's played and well capable of making the step up. In the commentary they mentioned he used to be a winger, for those that have seen more of him is it possible we're making the wrong assumption regards him and Trent? There's always been talk of Trent moving in to midfield one day, which I get, but could Williams do it instead? I thought he looked really positive going forward and with some physical development could be well suited to the right hand side of the midfield three.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tyler was so fucking annoying last night. The difference with how he comments on us compared to United is like night and day. They're majestic. Hope us winning the league hurts him to the core.

Klopp is just the greatest. To have us were we are against the financially doped city is unreal.

I don't usually watch Sky commentary but both Tyler and Carragher are annoying for me. Tyler for obvious reasons but Carragher(and other analysts like him) just wont shut up,they speak more than the commentator. I don't mind a commentator describing the match but an in game analyst just pisses me off and I would turn the sound off if it wasn't for my lad watching it with me. But hey ho,we are going to be champions very soon.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sakho really was a shambles throughout

My missus said something like “if he was playing for us that would’ve been a good header” after one of his second half fluffs.

I told her he used to, and it was doing stuff like that which led to him not anymore.

i used to rate him higher than I should have. I’m so thankful for Virg and Joe.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I reckon that might have been a penalty on Virge.

And handball by Cahill.

think back to city v Burnley and var intervening after the fact to give a pen for city for a foul nobody claimed for.

if it can be this subjective It shouldn’t exist. 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It would have been mad to end our thirty year wait in 2016, so maybe Mo's not the dumb dumb here, hey, you think of that?

We should have ended our 30 year wait in 1991 but oh no, we had to wait until now because Mo thinks it's the right time. 

• Upvote 2

Class hearing Mo and Klopp talk about the league being in the bag.  Peado loving BBC who can stick their license fee up their arse with a moronic headline shocker.

What Mo actually said

"Last year we had a chance but Man City also played really well and deserved it. It's our time to win the league.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tyler's start to the second half where he indicated that the premier league was somehow a completely different competition to the top flight that preceded it's creation was outright bizarre and almost the pinnacle of Sky and their attempts to state that football started in 1992.

Completely agree on Klopp, the work he has done to overcome the blue wall of money has been unbelievable. I really thought we wouldn't be able to surmount City and Chelsea's resources. There have been numerous games where they have been able to bring on players from the substitutes bench who would basically be guaranteed starters in other top 4 sides who must be in receipt of huge financial packages and the feeling I used to get was this is insurmountable, but he has proved me wrong and for that I'll be forever grateful to him.

On 21/06/2020 at 21:46, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s going to be a tough game against a side well in the mix for fifth and potentially Champions League football. Given the bizarre circumstances we find ourselves in, I’d be reasonably satisfied with another point.

The forum soothsayer strikes again