You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

Cant believe the negativity creeping in with some. Im not. Get it done, put pressure on city away at chelsea on Thursday needing to win. They fail, we're Champions.

Oh and to cheer some up, breaking news is Guardiola vows to field weakened team at chelsea as he looks to secure FA Cup victory. That said we all know city can field 2 full strength 11s.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Cant believe the negativity creeping in with some. Im not. Get it done, put pressure on city away at chelsea on Thursday needing to win. They fail, we're Champions.

Oh and to cheer some up, breaking news is Guardiola vows to field weakened team at chelsea as he looks to secure FA Cup victory. That said we all know city can field 2 full strength 11s.

Yeah they (he) won't want the embarrassment of us potentially winning it in their back-yard. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah they (he) won't want the embarrassment of us potentially winning it in their back-yard. 

Funny, I did wonder that if we won tonight would some City players subconsciously be 1% off it against Chelsea as they thought of the awful idea of Liverpool winning it in their backyard.  I think a win tonight wins us the title (dare I saw it)

37 minutes ago, Moo said:

Will they want to give us a guard of honour though? Which would be worse considering we have such a big lead? 

I couldn't give a flying fuck about that to be honest. Its enough to know we haven't just beat them to the title, we have have drank the finest lubricant and gone up the dry. 

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why would City give up if by some ridiculous miracle beat Palace tonight (more chance of Elvis playing up front for Everton)? They could still win the title.

Not sure what you mean by that statement. Do you mean if Palace win? I would imagine if Palace beat us tonight he might re-think his selection for tomorrow if he is indeed planning on resting players for the cup. 

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why would City give up if by some ridiculous miracle beat Palace tonight (more chance of Elvis playing up front for Everton)? They could still win the title.

There is more chance of Elvis playing up front for Everton than you stopping spouting the same old shit you spew relentlessly. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure what you mean by that statement. Do you mean if Palace win? I would imagine if Palace beat us tonight he might re-think his selection for tomorrow if he is indeed planning on resting players for the cup. 

Sorry missed a word out. Even if we win (no fucking chance) City can still win the league, why would they switch off when they still have a chance?

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Moo said:

Will they want to give us a guard of honour though? Which would be worse considering we have such a big lead? 

Bet they get out of that due to exploiting social distancing if the next few games to play out that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Moo said:

There wont be one. PL protocol is the away team comes out first where the dressing rooms permit both teams to use the same tunnel which, I presume is the case at the emptyhad. Besides, it is only fans who object to guards of honour. I really think the players respect each other in the main and would just get on with it.

39 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

466uug.gif

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Our last 5 results have in the main been shite, they're in decent form, and a bogey team with a bogey player!

They're fucking shit, with a fucking shit manager, we're the current champions of Europe, are top of the league by 20 points, and we've won 15 out of 15 league home games this season.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They're fucking shit, with a fucking shit manager, we're the current champions of Europe, are top of the league by 20 points, and we've won 15 out of 15 league home games this season.

And we're off form, we were off form before lockdown and we've continued in the same vein!

12 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Our last 5 results have in the main been shite, they're in decent form, and a bogey team with a bogey player!

5 results out of the last what, 100? Most people would have taken a draw with the shite back in March. As it was, it was our first game in 3 months. And we drew, big deal.

Atletico, we lost because of a poor goalkeeping performance. We beat Bournemouth and lost a cup game at chelsea, so what?

I honestly think some people would be happier if we did lose tonight so they could say how right they were and stir up the 'nervousness' prevelent in some. Fucking incredible, we're on the cusp of winning the title and we have this shit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And we're off form, we were off form before lockdown and we've continued in the same vein!

The form before lock down is immaterial. That was so long ago we could have had two pre seasons. That has nothing to do with now. Forget that. Means fuck all of nothing.

• Upvote 1