You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, an tha said:

They are always hard work for us at Anfield.

They have won on 3 of their last 5 visits

We have not beaten them by more than a single goal at Anfield since 2013 

Last 5 games at Anfield they have scored a total of 10 goals, can't think of another team in league who could boast that record.

All that said we have won last 2 - lets make it 3 tomorrow, please Redmen.

I haven’t had a drink for over two months so thank fuck you threw that last sentence in 

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

That's not true.   We did beat them one nil under klopp.  We've won the lasr six on the troty against them.   

The last time they got a result against us was over three years ago.  We had mignolet, lovren, lucas, can and Origi starting.    With a bench consisting of top talent like Brewster, Woodburn and Moreno. 

The fawning over this apparent bogey side is more than a bit daft. 

They were the last visitors to win a league game at Anfield and the last team to beat us in the league when we'd scored first - but that was about 100 million years ago and counts for nothing.  We should be beating these because we are much better than them.

• Upvote 2

3pts tonight and it could be all over tomorrow if Chelsea get anything against City. At least Chelsea will be going into the game trying as they need the points. Still expect a City win. 

But need to get the points today. 

If both Mo and Robbo are back we should look much better. Just make sure Lovren doesn't get any game time please. And Trent needs to be far more awake dealing with Zaha

If we don't test the keeper I'll be pissed off. I'd class this as a must win psychologically.

I'm still annoyed by the sheer lack of creativity in the Everton game. The goodison game is always shit and now they have a real tactician as a manager plus throw in the return after a 3 month break so there's reasons to argue why we looked below par. There was a familiarity to it though that seemed to creep into our game before the lockdown. We need goals back in our game. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we don't test the keeper I'll be pissed off. I'd class this as a must win psychologically.

I'm still annoyed by the sheer lack of creativity in the Everton game. The goodison game is always shit and now they have a real tactician as a manager plus throw in the return after a 3 month break so there's reasons to argue why we looked below par. There was a familiarity to it though that seemed to creep into our game before the lockdown. We need goals back in our game. 

This.  When I saw Keita in the team, I was hopeful that we might see some creativity in the midfield - him running with the ball, getting defenders to commit and pulling the opposition out of shape.  He was really disappointing in that regard - he looked like he lost the confidence that was slowly growing before the lockdown.  So when the other two midfielders are happier passing sideways and backwards - slowly - it is easy for the opposition to organise, and with a less than mobile front three (at least until we get Mo back and the others fitter) then it was clear how that game was going to pan out.  I'm hopeful Klopp does something about this in the transfer market this summer, because if we walk the league, we're going to get even more of this next year.    

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Nail on head.