You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Allison, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Wij, Keita, Salah, Firmino, mane. They’re a good side palace and the lack of fans is a leveller. But I fully expect us to be at a completely different level to last night. A 2-0 win for us.

Fabinho must play in this game.

• Upvote 2

We need to really go for it. Everton game and a fair few games before lockdown we've looked void of ideas in the final third. Take it wide pass it short, pass it back wide pass it short play it back to defence then for Trent to whip a ball straight to their keeper, regroup , repeat. 

Sometimes I feel we need a player who can just whack a shot from distance give them something to think about. Personally I think we need a real alternative to Bobby. Someone quick through the middle who can hit the target more often than not. Bobby is my favourite player but fuck me trying to hit the goal with anything other than a cheeky dink seems impossible for him. Why can't so many of our player kick a ball hard and on target. There's a real sense of struggling like mad to get a chance and then scuffing the shit out of it.

Maybe we just need Keita to sit forward a bit more apply pressure further up than just rotating the ball across the middle. Who knows aside from that were dominant everywhere else.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We need to really go for it. Everton game and a fair few games before lockdown we've looked void of ideas in the final third. Take it wide pass it short, pass it back wide pass it short play it back to defence then for Trent to whip a ball straight to their keeper, regroup , repeat. 

Sometimes I feel we need a player who can just whack a shot from distance give them something to think about. Personally I think we need a real alternative to Bobby. Someone quick through the middle who can hit the target more often than not. Bobby is my favourite player but fuck me trying to hit the goal with anything other than a cheeky dink seems impossible for him. Why can't so many of our player kick a ball hard and on target. There's a real sense of struggling like mad to get a chance and then scuffing the shit out of it.

Maybe we just need Keita to sit forward a bit more apply pressure further up than just rotating the ball across the middle. Who knows aside from that were dominant everywhere else.

Bobby is my favourite player too but he pissed me off on Sunday when he didn't play Keita in. 

Just now, Pete said:

Twat them into next week. 

My thoughts exactly. I was actually, 'like what?' the other day reading a few posts from people saying they are now nervous about the title! Just after we played one game and that was the derby! Another claimed we were now only 17 points ahead of city after their win last night! Cant they do maths?

Incredible when you think about it.

Get these put to bed. Calm any nerves before they creep in. I can't see us winning at City given how they are playing and how we dd on Sunday so lets get this one boxed off knowing we only need a win to seal it. Give the owl a headache as well. 

1 hour ago, Vector Sigma said:

Allison

TAA

Gomez

VVD

Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Keita

Salah

Firmino

Mane

Only question mark is whether Fabinho should play but IMO we need some guile, therefore it's Keita for me. Having Robertson back is essential to our balance too.

Fabinho will be vital to stop their counters with Zaha and Townsend who love to exploit the spaces left by our full backs. Palace are the team who've caused us the most problems under klopp at Anfield, and we've yet to keep a clean sheet under klopp at home against them. 

39 minutes ago, niallers said:

Fabinho will be vital to stop their counters with Zaha and Townsend who love to exploit the spaces left by our full backs. Palace are the team who've caused us the most problems under klopp at Anfield, and we've yet to keep a clean sheet under klopp at home against them. 

You're probably right, Klopp will probably err on the side of caution, but I'd like to see us on the front foot.

Let Palace worry about negating our attacking threat and have faith that the best CB pairing in the league, and 2 excellent midfielders, can mop up any counter attacks.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

They are always hard work for us at Anfield.

They have won on 3 of their last 5 visits

We have not beaten them by more than a single goal at Anfield since 2013 

Last 5 games at Anfield they have scored a total of 10 goals, can't think of another team in league who could boast that record.

All that said we have won last 2 - lets make it 3 tomorrow, please Redmen.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

That's not true.   We did beat them one nil under klopp.  We've won the lasr six on the troty against them.   

The last time they got a result against us was over three years ago.  We had mignolet, lovren, lucas, can and Origi starting.    With a bench consisting of top talent like Brewster, Woodburn and Moreno. 

The fawning over this apparent bogey side is more than a bit daft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1