You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) 24/6/20

Bjornebye

Finesse. Urgency. Creativity. Know-how. Obduracy. Ferocity. Firepower. Poise. Accuracy. Robustness. Diligence. Energy. Win.

I don't ask for much.

Still need to shake off some rust and be sharper, but we have an opportunity to (depending on City's result tomorrow) push the lead back up to at least 23 points again, and they'd have only 8 games left too, so 24 points at stake. Just play with the mentality we've had for the vast majority of our games and we'll inch ever closer to lifting this trophy.

• Upvote 5

Getting to play at Anfield and this being the win that potentially puts us over the top is everything I've been waiting for.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

I watched these against Bournemouth the other night and it reminded what a fucking pain in the arse they are to play against. We will have to be a lot fucking better than we were today to beat them.

To be fair, Bournemouth were dire and they had someone sent off, was it at 1-0? I think Eddie has done all he can there and they'll be slipping out of the PL unless their fortunes change rapidly.

Fuckers are always a pain at Anfield as well.

They've won on 3 of their last 5 visits and their 2 defeats have been by the odd goal.

Incredibly given the gap between the two teams year after year we haven't beaten them at Anfield by more than the odd goal since 2013.

When you look at that record v a very mediocre side and compare it to our home record v Man City for example or Tottenham or Arsenal them it is quite staggering. They really have been a thorn in our side at Anfield.

We have though won the last two at Anfield v them and the last 6 v them in total.

About time we gave them a good hiding at home, another win by the odd goal will do though.

They seem to be designed to be the perfect team to play against us especially at ours. Pacey wide men,deep low blocking team who are well drilled,our nemesis,and now even worse with us being a bit lethargic. 

Maybe we should sit back a little and not play into their hands. 

Twelvety nil to the budgie smugglers 

Our home league form has been amazing and, selfishly, I want us to win every home league game this season. 

In spite of all that I am shitting myself about this game. Says more about me than the players. 

Win this and I will relax and actually enjoy the remaining games, or most probably not.

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Going to be a tough game as Palace love playing away at the tops sides on the plus side at least we won’t have the crowd being all nervous as fuck if we aren’t two up in the first five minutes 

To be fair, the games against Palace have been tough home and away the last 3 or 4 seasons. Hopefully Mo and Robbo will be fit.

You're right about the crowd, you just have to read some of the comments on here. The last thing youd want is that nervousness being transmitted to the players.