You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Least Favourite Food Regions?

Elite

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

I love L’enclume!

Roganic in London is great as well, does a decent priced lunch menu as well.

Surprised how filling it was though even though most of the dishes served were about the size of a 2 pound coin. Gorgeous little village as well. 

2 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Canadian cuisine-

poutine - cheese curds, gravy and chips

Tortiere pie- Meat pie with spices and onions from quebec

maple syrup- on pancakes, maple syrup flavoured sausages, maple syrup and baked beans, maple syrup poured on snow and rolled up with a lollipop stick, maple syrup whisky, maple donuts, etc.

beaver tail- pastry fried in shape of beaver tail served with lemon/sugar and probably maple syrup if you want 

peameal bacon- usually served on a bun (no maple syrup)

ketchup flavoured crisps 

Anthony Bourdain did a few shows in Canada (ate seal in Nunavut, Northern Quebec) and when he wasn’t running around with pretentious celebrity chefs he always had a poutine. 

There's not much to really say about Canadian cuisine. Quebec has the best "authentically Canadian" food and then I struggle to name anything decent or original that comes from other provinces. 

But as neko said, you can pretty much find a great, authentic restaurant from a specific country and culture in any big city in Canada, especially in Vancouver and Toronto. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Surprised how filling it was though even though most of the dishes served were about the size of a 2 pound coin. Gorgeous little village as well. 

I was truly pissed of with the wine pairing though, you literally got the vapour off the wine they were so stingy it was pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was truly pissed of with the wine pairing though, you literally got the vapour off the wine they were so stingy it was pathetic.

Haha yeah I'd forgot about that. I'd sunk a few in a pub in the village before it and was starving so I wasn't too arsed. 

Did you stay in the hotel as part of the package? Randomly I only went because I was seeing a girl who had been bought it as a wedding present a year before haha 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha yeah I'd forgot about that. I'd sunk a few in a pub in the village before it and was starving so I wasn't too arsed. 

Did you stay in the hotel as part of the package? Randomly I only went because I was seeing a girl who had been bought it as a wedding present a year before haha 

Yeah, me and the better half went a few years back and stayed at the hotel.

Beans on the breakfast if I remember rightly...

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, me and the better half went a few years back and stayed at the hotel.

Beans on the breakfast if I remember rightly...

That hotel was lovely. I definitely didn't have beans on mine. I remember the sausages being superb. 

• Upvote 1

Dunno in all honesty, French at a push based on admittedly limited experience. I had a nine course meal at the top of the Eiffel Tower once, it was a set menu and it was all horrendous, most of it raw, there was some cold pink duck or pigeon or something which was the most edible thing on it. No wonder they eat so much bread. 

Beef borginyon biddung bidoing blih bluh blih blah 

16 hours ago, Trumo said:

US food is thought to be generic but in the Deep South they have some great dishes. Proper gumbo is excellent, as are deep fried catfish, jambalaya, Louisiana dirty rice, bourbon chicken and po'boys. Plus, they have all those soul food staples like chicken & waffles, collard greens, BBQ ribs, Cajun chicken...

Canada brings us shit like poutine.

Amish food always looks good when i see it on the telly, especially deserts. 

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno in all honesty, French at a push based on admittedly limited experience. I had a nine course meal at the top of the Eiffel Tower once, it was a set menu and it was all horrendous, most of it raw, there was some cold pink duck or pigeon or something which was the most edible thing on it. No wonder they eat so much bread. 

Beef borginyon biddung bidoing blih bluh blih blah 

Added to this already but I tend to agree with you about France. In my experience, it tends not to be shit but it’s also nowhere near as good as many would have us believe.

Service is generally terrible as well (not including a McDonald’s in Paris where they replaced my whole order in a flash, at no charge when I dropped my full tray on the floor).

• Upvote 1