You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just a reminder, we are fucking boss.

Vincent Vega

• 5 months later...

Our record over the last 100 Premier League games is

W    D    L    GF    GA    GD    Pts 

76   17   7   229    80    149    245

(NB  -  This includes the last 10 games of 2017/18, when some of our league performances took a back seat to our Champions League run to Kiev.)

I reckon we're quite good.

• Upvote 1

I personally think this was Leicester on boxing day.

City are our main rivals. Everyone will keep within plausible distance, but us and City will pull away in March; the eight point difference is too much for them to overcome on a team that has been insanely consistent over the last three years

18 minutes ago, Razoray said:

In our last 91 league games 

won 72, drew 14, lost 5.

Average points over 38 games = 96.5

We need to get 84 points this season to beat the 3 season points total of City 17/18 to 19/20.

Worth pointing out that only two of those losses mattered; City away, when Kompany should have been sent off and getting Dean Smith'd.

The loss to Watford was when the league was obviously done and the City/Arsenal beatings came when we'd won officially won the league and manager was dancing his ass off - 

• 1 month later...

I think we will lose to the Mancs in the Cup and go on a really good run in the league. If we close it to 3 points which is very possible, we will cause City and United fans sleepless nights and we can win it. The 86 season kickstarted with a scrappy 2-1 win at Tottenham when we are well behind an outstanding Everton team in the league. I think our difficult run of games will be a blessing - teams that will have a go at us and that could open up space. Once we get goals, I think they will rain in.

Top players don't become shite in a few weeks. 

I'm looking forward to seeing City without De Bruyne and seeing how the Mancs cope with a bit of pressure. If one or both of them do, then I hate to say it but good luck to them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Anybody willing to say this now?

Yes.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.  We're going through a tough spell in a season in which we've had ridiculous bad luck. (All three Summer signings getting long-term injuries.  Top three Centre Backs all having long-term injuries. ) 

And still we're within shouting distance of the top.