You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool set to keep match day traditions despite no fans being in attendance

TLW

There may be no fans inside the stadium but Liverpool will still look to produce an iconic match day experience.

The Mirror reports that You’ll Never Walk Alone will still be played as the players walk out onto the pitch and there is likely to be a number of banners and flags displayed on the Kop.

The club have engaged with a number of fan groups to discuss how they can make Anfield look as authentic as possible despite the lack of fans due to Covid-19 restrictions.

They will use the Premier League’s specially designed stadium wraps to cover empty seats in lower tiers, but are also looking at giving the images a more local, personal flavour by using some of the tributes fans are permitted to bring into the stadium.

While the Premier League has given permission for the clubs to play certain chants and songs at specific moments such as after goals are scored, Liverpool will not go down that route.

Everything going to plan, the first home game since March against Crystal Palace next Wednesday evening could be a significant one with the title secured with a victory.

image.png

Clubs and Broadcasters know that they have to be extremely innovative at this highly unique period of time.

Premier League clubs have been told they can erect ‘fan walls’ which will see huge screens broadcast images of fans watching from home, and celebrating when goals go in…which will give celebrating players a focus on the terraces.

As we have seen with the leagues that have resumed like the Bundesliga and La Liga, filtered noise has been noticeable.

UK broadcasters will follow and to try and create a ‘home advantage’ where possible.

But there is one thing which may have to be toned down as Jordan Henderson explains:

“For the players it will be different playing in a big game in a stadium where there’s no crowd because you can hear everybody talking.

"Again, we’ve got to adapt to that situation and try to keep the swearing down to a minimum.

“I’m more worried about my language when I’m playing! I don’t want to be having to apologise to everybody after every single game so I need to be careful, especially in the heat of the game.

“I’m sure the manager will have to be careful with his language as well! But he’ll also know we can’t blame the crowd for not being able to hear what he’s saying at certain times of the game.”

View full article

1 hour ago, TLW said:

There may be no fans inside the stadium but Liverpool will still look to produce an iconic match day experience.

The Mirror reports that You’ll Never Walk Alone will still be played as the players walk out onto the pitch and there is likely to be a number of banners and flags displayed on the Kop.

The club have engaged with a number of fan groups to discuss how they can make Anfield look as authentic as possible despite the lack of fans due to Covid-19 restrictions.

They will use the Premier League’s specially designed stadium wraps to cover empty seats in lower tiers, but are also looking at giving the images a more local, personal flavour by using some of the tributes fans are permitted to bring into the stadium.

While the Premier League has given permission for the clubs to play certain chants and songs at specific moments such as after goals are scored, Liverpool will not go down that route.

Everything going to plan, the first home game since March against Crystal Palace next Wednesday evening could be a significant one with the title secured with a victory.

image.png

Clubs and Broadcasters know that they have to be extremely innovative at this highly unique period of time.

Premier League clubs have been told they can erect ‘fan walls’ which will see huge screens broadcast images of fans watching from home, and celebrating when goals go in…which will give celebrating players a focus on the terraces.

As we have seen with the leagues that have resumed like the Bundesliga and La Liga, filtered noise has been noticeable.

UK broadcasters will follow and to try and create a ‘home advantage’ where possible.

But there is one thing which may have to be toned down as Jordan Henderson explains:

“For the players it will be different playing in a big game in a stadium where there’s no crowd because you can hear everybody talking.

"Again, we’ve got to adapt to that situation and try to keep the swearing down to a minimum.

“I’m more worried about my language when I’m playing! I don’t want to be having to apologise to everybody after every single game so I need to be careful, especially in the heat of the game.

“I’m sure the manager will have to be careful with his language as well! But he’ll also know we can’t blame the crowd for not being able to hear what he’s saying at certain times of the game.”

View full article

Hendo, class lad.

Daily star put anfield atmosphere as ninth best in the league and Evertons as number 2. It feels like a smiley moment. Crystal palace number 1. They've essentially just picked the shittest old school stadiums. Goodisons atmosphere should rank as high in the best atmospheres list as Russ Abbot ranks in the world greatest comedians list.

• Upvote 1

I'm certain the match thread will add to the authenticity of the experience. 

Cunt them in the bastard! Pelanty! Backheeled in the bollocks!

Got to laugh at this swearing malarkey. I can hear 'cunt' 'mother fucker' 'fuck' and even some racist terms on my tv in films, dramas, even them there 'reality' tv shows. I mean who can forget Davina and her 'Whatever you do, dont say 'fuck' on live tv'!

Yet we cannot here some footballers saying 'fuck off!'?

• Upvote 1

On 16/06/2020 at 06:46, Bobby Hundreds said:

Daily star put anfield atmosphere as ninth best in the league and Evertons as number 2. It feels like a smiley moment. Crystal palace number 1. They've essentially just picked the shittest old school stadiums. Goodisons atmosphere should rank as high in the best atmospheres list as Russ Abbot ranks in the world greatest comedians list.

There will be more noise at Goodison for this Derby than there was for the one a few years ago under Allardyce.

On 16/06/2020 at 06:46, Bobby Hundreds said:

Palace do have a good atmosphere, I'll give them that but someone's surely having a laugh at everton number 2? Some league games the atmosphere at Anfield is flat but even then, it's a bit of a joke to say Anfield is 9th!