You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marcus Rashford

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

20210131_131737.png

I was browsing through some of the replies to that tweet, and was pretty fucking disappointed to see plenty of apparently black males (particularly Africans) accusing him of pulling the race card to deflect from criticism of his performances, whilst others thought he deserved whatever shit came his way, including racist abuse, because of his performances and, well, because he earns enough. A lot of these morons seemed to be Man United fans too.

The mind boggles.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I was browsing through some of the replies to that tweet, and was pretty fucking disappointed to see plenty of apparently black males (particularly Africans) accusing him of pulling the race card to deflect from criticism of his performances, whilst others thought he deserved whatever shit came his way, including racist abuse, because of his performances and, well, because he earns enough. A lot of these morons seemed to be Man United fans too.

The mind boggles.

EmfYSshXEAEux80.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

Social media’s full of pond life, horrible cunts. Hope none of them hit hard times and wonder where their next meals coming from.

Decent people will end up looking out for them and championing their plight, probably the very people they denigrate. Is there not enough arseholes in the world who make it a worse place that deserve peoples criticism. Respect is a seriously declining virtue.

7 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

EmfYSshXEAEux80.png

I'm aware of that twat, and of the wider phenomenon of white people on the right pretending to be black to make points, which is why I was careful to say 'apparently'. I doubt this is the case with every reply, or like, of the type I mentioned above. 

Here's the tweet if anyone's curious: 

34 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

The mind boggles.

I see the same shite directed at our players on either Twitter or Instagram from so called Liverpool fans - because they don’t rate a player or that players had a bad game they feel they can say anything be it racist etc.
Social media is cesspit - I do think players should actually stay off it as it only opens yourself up to abuse not just from your own fans but opposition and if your a young player like neco Williams for example if don’t see the benefit of going on it.

I seen Carra made a comment recently saying thank god social media wasn’t around in his early years playing for Liverpool makes you think if it’s going to have negative effect on some young players progressing in future years. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Decent people will end up looking out for them and championing their plight, probably the very people they denigrate. Is there not enough arseholes in the world who make it a worse place that deserve peoples criticism. Respect is a seriously declining virtue.

Sadly true, just don’t get their mindset at all. It’s too easy being an attention seeking cunt these days with a worldwide audience at your fingertips. Just makes cuntism really noticeable the utter weirdos.

10 hours ago, Mark M said:

I see the same shite directed at our players on either Twitter or Instagram from so called Liverpool fans - because they don’t rate a player or that players had a bad game they feel they can say anything be it racist etc.
Social media is cesspit - I do think players should actually stay off it as it only opens yourself up to abuse not just from your own fans but opposition and if your a young player like neco Williams for example if don’t see the benefit of going on it.

I seen Carra made a comment recently saying thank god social media wasn’t around in his early years playing for Liverpool makes you think if it’s going to have negative effect on some young players progressing in future years. 

I quit all social media (bar Reddit) end of last year. LFC twitter is bloody awful, and like with any topic, you end up reading comments from people whom irl you wouldn’t give the time of day. There were loads of ‘fans’ in the summer tweeting and tagging Gini pleading for him to leave to make space for Thiago. I struggle a bit following news and current events without social media but overall it’s great, I feel annoyed less frequently I think.

17 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'm aware of that twat, and of the wider phenomenon of white people on the right pretending to be black to make points, which is why I was careful to say 'apparently'. I doubt this is the case with every reply, or like, of the type I mentioned above. 

Here's the tweet if anyone's curious: 

He's not writing this tweets is he? 

I've seen him in post match interviews and with all due respect, the lad can barely string a sentence together 

I'm not slagging him off or calling him thick by the way, but clearly he has a media team behind him doing all this pr work. 

He seems a good lad for all the work he's doing with the school meals debacle over there in England, so all power to him. 

20 hours ago, Mark M said:

It isn't good for anyone I don't think. A massive time sink that attacks your mental health. This forum is the only social media I have remaining in my life after binning twitter and facebook, and I've been debating my use of this too. News is the other - I can waste massive amounts of time with that.

If you're reading something each day that you have no control over which makes you angry, envious, and dissatisfied with what you have in life then it's just going to take you down a path that ends badly. The arguments you see every day in threads on this forum for example, usually by the same people - what's the point? There's no prize for winning the argument, and you can't control what other people do and think.

For famous people it must be terrible - just never ending abuse.

• Upvote 1

Famous people can still use twitter to flog their wares and choose not to get involved with the replies. If you invite strangers into your world dont be shocked if many turn out to be cunts. I dont use any of the big platforms and never have except to browse, like I have a jarg instagram account purely so I can have a quick perv, I've never made a comment or replied to anything on them. Zero interest in telling some random bird she is fit, ill look rub my knees and go phwoarrrrrrr! then move on to some other distraction. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've seen him in post match interviews and with all due respect, the lad can barely string a sentence together 

I'm not slagging him off or calling him thick by the way, but clearly he has a media team behind him doing all this pr work. 

He seems a good lad for all the work he's doing with the school meals debacle over there in England, so all power to him. 

I think you're wrong. He is quite articulate; in early interviews seemed almost on the autistic spectrum. Obsession w/ monopoly; reads a huge amount. Was clear he is not really your typical footballer a few years ago - I would be surprised if he is not writing himself. Conversely that may be what holds him back too; he's a good player, at times a very good one, but there are insanely wild fluctuations in his form. Wonder how much that is attributable to outside distractions or, if not, 'over-thinking' his game.

5 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Barely string a sentence together?

Doesn't matter who's writing his tweets tbh.

If he's putting his name to them and some good is being done, fair play to the lad.

Too many cunts on social media giving it the big "look at me!". This lad is actually doing something.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

He might be. There's a big difference between having a mic shoved in your face at the end of a game and commenting off the cuff than having the time to articulate a response in his own time.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I think he's a naturally shy and self aware person so it makes him seem hesitant. He's definitely a credit to his mother and a credit to football whatever his IQ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5