You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marcus Rashford

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So a 22 year old with a Twitter account can effect more change in the UK than the entirety of the Gubmint?

Makes you wonder where he was when Cummings was pleading for an eye test. 

Guest Alex_K

Had watched a fairly long interview with Rashford previously (don't remember why); he's very articulate, appears very grounded and comes across as a touch eccentric/introverted. Was surprised given the proximity you see between him and the arch-buffoon Lingard but he's one of the more intelligent footballers I've seen interviewed. Not surprised he's leading these initiatives all said. Top quality player too -- completely wasted there. Would do wonders in a Klopp system.

I can't get my head around any opposition for this, from any dark reach of the political/moron spectrum. Even those that abhor the money involved must recognise that a) people need to fucking eat and b) the long term financial costs of not doing this are greater (let's see what happens to the health and prosperity of millions of hungry kids, eh?).

What the fuck is wrong with people and society that THIS is where we're at. The "developed" world indeed. Fuck me.

Seems like a class act but I bet the mancs and their various fanzine and twitter twats will be cooing all over this, and yet...

"In my Liverpool slums..."

"Sign on, sign on...."

"Eating rats in your council house..."

"Feed the Scousers...."

Imagine how ashamed you'd be to hear the kop singing about people being too poor to eat when you're actually from the North of England?

City are no better these days either. Helmets like Noel Gallagher on one side and Terry Christian on the other. A city of clueless class traitors, self-appointed trendy working class heroes one minute and snide canalside chattering Barret house twats the next. A city in denial, buttered up and glossed over by business magazines and open evenings down the Lowry designed to photoshop it into something it's not and never will be.

In this day and age there's too much negativity in the world, I admit it, I take it on the chin, but I will never compromise on my hatred for all things manc. They are twats.

17 hours ago, Stickman said:

How long before Murdoch or the Mail reveal their usual scum credentials and do a hatchet job on him ?

Back page headlines in the Mail and a two page article inside, I didn't see any hatchet job, just highlighting the issue and some praise 

19 hours ago, Stickman said:

How long before Murdoch or the Mail reveal their usual scum credentials and do a hatchet job on him ?

Can't see that happening, imagine the shit storm if they did.

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Seems like a class act but I bet the mancs and their various fanzine and twitter twats will be cooing all over this, and yet...

"In my Liverpool slums..."

"Sign on, sign on...."

"Eating rats in your council house..."

"Feed the Scousers...."

Imagine how ashamed you'd be to hear the kop singing about people being too poor to eat when you're actually from the North of England?

They won't realise this of course, but the one person who'd be most upset by those songs is probably gooing to be Marcus Rashford.

If he's too ashamed of playing for his current team he could always come to us.

Expecting football fans from Manchester,Stoke,Sunderland etc to realise the irony of mocking other fans for living in poverty is giving those fans way too much credit. It's exactly why loads vote Tory,UKIP,BNP and so forth. The game has been designed by the marketing executives to be more tribal without caring about the consequence and only caring about selling tv subscriptions,club merchandise and season tickets.