You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players You Don't Recall Playing For Certain Clubs

Bjornebye

So am I right I’m thinking for this thread to go anywhere, people will have to recall players playing for clubs that they don’t recall happening?

Sounds good. I’ll chip in.

There was a chap who played for someone that I don’t remember. I can’t recall who it was though.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Lucas Leiva. Liverpool 

2CAAC3BE-91BD-4428-BB1F-7FEAC658BD65.jpeg

If that doesn’t get TK back posting again, nothing will.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

So am I right I’m thinking for this thread to go anywhere, people will have to recall players playing for clubs that they don’t recall happening?

Sounds good. I’ll chip in.

There was a chap who played for someone that I don’t remember. I can’t recall who it was though.

Cheers.

Hahaha yes you twat. 

I just had a quick look on Grand Old Team to see what the wankers are moaning about today and one of the threads was about irrational hatred of players. One mentioned Mark Hughes when he played for them. No idea that happened. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mark Hughes at Everton, what? When did that happen?! (It was 2000) I have zero recollection of it 

35fbe9532a19c55da5ecc9c9949b2012.jpg

A lot of people forget that Ian Wright played at Celtic 

GW615H409.jpeg

In line with the thread title, I genuinely didn't recall those two players playing for those two clubs.

Although a well past his best Man Utd player ending up at Everton is probably the most predictable thing in football.

Dion Dublin at United.

FE3D6E52-39B8-4DAF-A978-1477AA904C62.jpeg

The season they finally won their first title in forever, they’d signed Dublin as their new striker. He broke his leg in about his 4th game for them, 2-3 weeks in. While he was rehabbing, Ferguson signed Cantona. Sliding doors moment right there.

Guest Alex_K

Can't really find a comparison for Rush, Beardsley, Barnes all turning up at Newcastle .. maybe a bit like the time Lampard turned up at City, if Drogba & Terry had both gone too. 3 major (most major?) components of one of greatest English sides ever all rocking up at another competitive English team.