You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season Ticket & other ticket refunds 2019 / 20

The club have issued the following email.

We hope you and your family are keeping well.

Following the Club's update on ticket refunds for the remaining games of Season 2019/20, we can confirm that the refund process will soon be underway.

As a season ticket holder, you will receive the full pro rata refund for the four remaining home games as well as any purchases you made for the following:

• Everton v Liverpool FC
  • Everton Women v Liverpool FC Women
  • Car parking 

In relation to the Everton v Liverpool FC game, we will make a further announcement regarding match credits for this game once the Premier League have provided clarity on Season 2020/21.

How will I be refunded?

Credit/debit card payments

If you paid by credit/debit card, we will attempt to automatically refund that card on a game by game basis, from week commencing Monday 8th June.
If unsuccessful, we will contact you again week commencing Monday 15th June to confirm next steps.

Non credit/debit card payments
If you did not pay by credit/debit card, your refunds will be credited to the ‘Ticket Refund’ section within your Supporter ID 'My Account' week commencing Monday 15th June. This is a new option within the ticketing system that will enable you to transfer your refund to one of your saved credit/debit cards.  For supporters that haven’t saved a card already, details of how to do this are available in the step by step guide created.

Depending on your card provider, your refunds could take up to 7-10 days to show in your bank account; click here for refund amounts.  

For FAQs please click here, alternatively, please contact us if you need any further assistance.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/liverpool-fc/ticketing/coronavirus-covid-19-information?page=1

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/liverpool-fc/ticketing/coronavirus-covid-19-information?page=2

Ticket Refund – I am a season ticket holder and I am owed ticket exchange rewards from season 2018/19 and 2019/20, when will I receive them?

Full details will be provided when information regarding season ticket renewal for season 2020/21 is released.

16 hours ago, Scott_M said:

£154 back then. I’d rather have spent it. 

To be honest, Im a bit surprised the club didnt give people the option of a refund or keep it on account. Id have been ok with the club keeping hold of my money plus the 2 credits for games they sold my seat.

Appreciate not everyone would want to do that but the way I see it, it helps in a small way with the club's finances plus means next season's ticket, whenever we can go back in the stadium, will be less.

Ticket Refund – will I lose the credit for the games being refunded?

We will not be finalising any selling arrangements for matches in the 2020/2021 season until there is clarity on how next season will proceed.

Only once we have full clarification on the 2020/2021 season will the sales criteria be assessed, which will include consideration as to how the refunded games will or will not be used.
-----------------------------------------------

This is my main worry, I've just bought 15 tickets this season and if they take away the credits for the last remaining games, I will only have 12, below the limit of 13 that has been in place the last few seasons.

Id be fuckin furious if that happens after having had  full credits every season since the introduction of the members sale.

I’d be astonished if they do that. It would cause uproar with thousands of regular fans and they could do without any more bad PR after the furlough shit storm at th start of all this.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

To be honest, Im a bit surprised the club didnt give people the option of a refund or keep it on account. Id have been ok with the club keeping hold of my money plus the 2 credits for games they sold my seat.

Appreciate not everyone would want to do that but the way I see it, it helps in a small way with the club's finances plus means next season's ticket, whenever we can go back in the stadium, will be less.

I’d have done that but nobody knows when crowds will be allowed back in. 

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’d be astonished if they do that. It would cause uproar with thousands of regular fans and they could do without any more bad PR after the furlough shit storm at th start of all this.

Lets hope so, but I fear the worst.

I know refunds are being processed. Spoke to someone at the Club yesterday as she was processing part of the pot due to me to confirm my account details. Don't think that is normal - it will happen automatically - but there was an issue with my account.

21 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I know refunds are being processed. Spoke to someone at the Club yesterday as she was processing part of the pot due to me to confirm my account details. Don't think that is normal - it will happen automatically - but there was an issue with my account.

Yeah, I think they said they'd start the process from 8 June? I havent a clue which card I used to pay for my seassie and Im not sure if the club send a mail when it's done. They said they'll only contact you if there's an issue with the refund.

I'll just have to scan my card accounts to see which one gets the refund!

On 12/06/2020 at 11:22, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I was a bit confused by the email. It seemed to suggest they’re refunding season tickets one match at a time, each week, rather than all in a lump.

did i read it wrong?

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I got £38.39 back yesterday. 

Not sure why they don’t just refund it all at one?

From reading the mail they sent me, it read to me they would refund each game shortly before it is due to be played.

Checked my on line card account, 2 games refunded at £43.86 each, last one dated 17 June. Checking my online account no further refund yesterday or today. Seems a bit of a hotchpotch.

Now my card account is in credit, not sure whether I need to make a payment as that doesnt show these refunds! As I said, id have preferred to club to keep the money as a credit for the next seassie ticket, whenever that is, rather than refund to my card.

Edit, seen on my card account the repayments were made on 16 & 17 June but they only credited to my card account on 17 & 18. So maybe another payment is being refunded today?

3 refunds to my card now. Seems to take a day from when Liverpool auuthorise the refund to it reaching my card account.

Be aware that Liverpool refunding ticket money to your credit card account may result in a small amount of interest being applied to your card if you usually pay off your balance in full each month, depending on your card issuer conditions.

Just been onto MBNA because I received my monthly statement before the club started making the refunds. I wanted to know if I had to make a payment by the due date now the account is in credit. Id only spent about 80 quid and normally pay off in full by the due date to avoid interest. This would be a whole £1.68 according to the statement!

However, because Liverpool made 3 separate ticket refunds, this effective repaid the 80 quid and gave me a credit balance just over 50. The drawback with MBNA cards (and maybe other issuers), is to avoid interest, you need to make a single payment of the full statement amount not, 2 or 3 as Liverpool have applied to avoid any interest.

The good news is, if you dont normally pay off your card statement in full each month, you will pay slightly less interest as you effectively 'borrowed' money on your card for a shorter period due to Liverpool's refunds.

If you have an MBNA card, they can make a 'credit balance refund' to your bank account. This is different from a Money Transfer that will incur charges and interest if you just try and transfer the money to your bank this way. Other card issuers may be the same so id check with them if you want the money in your bank account instead.

If you're a seasie ticket holder and dont have a Sky Sports subscription, the club is sending out emails giving you two separate 24 hour Now TV passes for the club's Sky televised games. It doesnt apply to BT games which so far as I know only the Burnley home game is on BT.

Not sure how many would benefit from this as Im guessing many STHs will have Sky Sports?