Bjornebye

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Zero depth in this side at all.  Only place we have any is centre mid.  Can't say centre back, when two are made of quavers, one is our full back cover and the 4th is a useless lump of shite.

5 points needed from the next 8 games, simples, it's over.   Get any of these kids that are supposed to be ready, in now.  It's the least pressure you'll ever have in the league for us.  Gomez isn't a full back, Oxocube & Origi have always been horrific outwide, Minimino looks like a central player too.

• Upvote 1

Just now, clockspeed said:

Nothing new apart from Fab getting even better.  Keitas and Minaminos Improvement in training not translating onto the pitch.

I thought Keita was one of our better players, especially when Minamino went off and he was able to move centrally.

2 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Nothing new apart from Fab getting even better.  Keitas and Minaminos Improvement in training not translating onto the pitch.

Keita was our best player I reckon today. Minamino not great, but miles better than his replacement.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not even football was the winner there, tonight. 

You could see that it was two teams that hadn't played a proper game in about 3 months. 

I'm more arsed about this. Fucking Fabinho, with his clean tackles and all that. He can go in the autumn. 

Screenshot_20200621_201949.jpg

Henrique Fabinho? Why would you bet on a player that doesn't exist?

• Upvote 1

I know some of the sting has been taken out of the season but fuck me we are blunt when the front 3 don't fire. Seriously need more from the bench. Minamino wide doesn't work, neither does Ox. Origi is shite, I mean he really is. Such a fair-weather player.

Lucky to get a draw.

I’m not too displeased with that. Yeah, the quality left plenty to be desired but I felt avoiding defeat in this first one was important, because Everton, Palace and City is an awkward (re)start and while, at worst, we'll splutter over the line, doing so with plenty to spare sets us in good stead for next season.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Keita was fantastic. 

Would've been better to have come on when they got tired. Gini isn't the type to force an opening. Lovren though! Fuck me. I'd have put him in left full and put Joe on rich

No idea why we still persist with the Origi outwide and Mane upfront experiment. Trent was truly shocking, enjoyed the balls on Fab taking that free-kick away from him at the end.

Guest Pistonbroke

Not going to pick on any individuals as it was the first game back after a long break, pretty mediocre performance from everybody. We had the Lions share of the possession but did little with it, Everton were scared to leave there half apart from that 5 minute spell in the second half where they created a few chances after Matip was replaced. Typical Ancelotti tactics, stifle your opposition and hope to win free kicks or profit from a mistake. Even if City win we have a 20 point lead with 8 games to go, so nothing to flap over. Bit worrying that Robbo was missing and both Milner and Matip hobbled off with injuries. Beat palace at home and then get the City game out of the way, after that we have Villa, Brighton, Burnley and Arsenal who are all shite. 

Lovren was gash. We bossed it for 80 minutes but they had the better chances late on. 

One of our main attacking threats, the full backs, were lacking. TAA's worst game with the ball for a while and Milner and Gomez didn't give enough width. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not even football was the winner there, tonight. 

You could see that it was two teams that hadn't played a proper game in about 3 months. 

I'm more arsed about this. Fucking Fabinho, with his clean tackles and all that. He can go in the autumn. 

Screenshot_20200621_201949.jpg

Ouch, you're unlucky that he made that one really bad one in the first five mins, later in the game and it's a cert yellow.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not going to pick on any individuals as it was the first game back after a long break, pretty mediocre performance from everybody. We had the Lions share of the possession but did little with it, Everton were scared to leave there half apart from that 5 minute spell in the second half where they created a few chances after Matip was replaced. Typical Ancelotti tactics, stifle your opposition and hope to win free kicks or profit from a mistake. Even if City win we have a 20 point lead with 8 games to go, so nothing to flap over. Bit worrying that Robbo was missing and both Milner and Matip hobbled off with injuries. Beat palace at home and then get the City game out of the way, after that we have Villa, Brighton, Burnley and Arsenal who are all shite. 

This.

That was like watching our first summer friendly each year (I obviously know we played Blackburn). The whole thing is just going to be mostly very dull to watch from near enough everyone, purely on form and fitness, let alone factoring in the enormous hit to atmosphere, tension and excitement of having no fans at games. And the huge disappointment that Martin Tyler has been allowed out of shielding.

We'll not click into a groove for a good few games, no doubt. Nonetheless, at some point very soon we will watch Hendo lift that trophy, and finally lose this interminable fucking weight we've been carrying round, akin as it is to the aggregate of every last single male on lockdown's scrotal mass.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And Matip is made of balsa, the fucking wet wipe.

You're made of prawn crackers you fucking hand dryer 

• Upvote 1