Bjornebye

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Trent's crossing on free kicks, meh. Bobby really should have played Naby in on that break. Pity about Milner going off although him being on a yellow so early might be a blessing. Just hope Joe doesnt do anything silly or get caught out too far up field.

Had the better of chances but it's still to be won.

Very average first half that, we’ve done ok but lack the quality and determination in the final third.

Matip, Henderson and Keita our best players. Trent has been poor, and also Fabinho struggled in the start but improved.

They are there for the taking, come on Reds!

Just now, Hank Moody said:

It’s like they’ve had three months off or something. 

True. Doesn't mean we can't whinge on here though, that's part of the fun.

11 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ref needs to protect Mane they're knocking lumps out of hin

This. Dean went through a spell in that half giving most of the frees to everton. Couldnt believe the way he's let them kick shit out of Mane.

3 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

It’s like they’ve had three months off or something. 

I've always wondered why they bother with an extensive run of domestic friendlies each summer.

Presumed they were all just sick of their families.

• Upvote 1

Sterile domination. We're at risk of being sucker punched. To be fair it's the only way Everton could win because they can't dominate us. We just need to up the tempo and Trent needs to lay off trying to make a passing crossing highlight reel just a touch. Just being picky because I'm nervous as fuck.

• Upvote 1

No set patterns of play. Missing 1 from each flank is hurting our attack badly. Like a preseason friendly it is and we were terrible at them last summer. We don't fare well out of rhythm in attack or midfield transitioning

2 minutes ago, Red House said:

Minamino is no winger. We need a pacey alternative to Mo and Sadio. Far too predictable otherwise.

Keita is looking fantastic. 

Minamino's not playing that wide. Henderson has basically been the right winger. 

I'm gonna sound like a moaner but there's still something missing from this team, was saying it to my uncle when we went out of the champions league.
It feels like everything has got to be perfect for us to score, the runs have got to be timed perfectly, the passes have got to be inch perfect or it all breaks down. So we have to be 100% and keep going and going.
I feel like we need a Torres or a Gerrard still, someone who can just grab the game and score even when everything looks grim.