You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

I never suggested for a moment i think it will happen and i don't think it will.

In fact i think we will be crowned champions on Thursday.

But none of that changes that in the scenario we were discussing the draw at City would not quite be enough - it would leave us virtually there but a pt or any other city dropped pts to make it 100% certain.

It's really strange that pistonbroke I think it was also said the 2 draws would do but you havent commented on that. And, if you care to trawl back through my comments, I said technically 5 but I think 2 will do.

And to all intents and purposes 2 will do if we draw with city when you weigh up city have to win all theirs and us lose all ours.

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's really strange that pistonbroke I think it was also said the 2 draws would do but you havent commented on that. And, if you care to trawl back through my comments, I said technically 5 but I think 2 will do.

And to all intents and purposes 2 will do if we draw with city when you weigh up city have to win all theirs and us lose all ours.

I have no idea what you are going on at me for - pistonbroke made a post saying a draw at city would see us win it and i responded to him saying it wasn't necessarily 100% the case.

He responded and agreed - we moved on.

You then responded to that same post and said i wasn't right (even though i was) and it has developed since then.

As for 'to all intents and purposes' - well that is same as 'virtually' which is what i said, but fact is it would still not be 100% in the following scenario which is what i laid out.

We draw with Palace

They win v Burnley

They win v Chelsea

We draw with them

In that scenario after we have been the etihad the pts are:

Us 85

City 67

6 to play for both.

We'd still need a pt or of course them to drop any at all from there.

It is all moot anyway - we will win it, and i repeat i think it will happen this week.

29 minutes ago, Judge said:

Yes. And that may happen if we lose against Palace. The psychological factor in this should not be underestimated. Having the title to lose after 30 years will cause anxiety and stress far beyond any normal situation.

Nah.

Mentality monsters this team. The only people getting twitchy arses would be the fans - and they're not there to spread an atmosphere of quimmery.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It being 5 points from 8 games.

We need to achieve bottom of the table form. I think we can do it. 

I think we can too, the sooner the better though. 

All city can do is make us work for it and this being Liverpool, we will do it the hard way 

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Sooner the better they build that fucking unicorn so we don't have to watch that shite in that kip. Can't remember the last good game there, probably 2013.

Absolutely no chance of it being built.

They'll win a league title before it gets built 

Guest Pistonbroke
36 minutes ago, Judge said:

Yes. And that may happen if we lose against Palace. The psychological factor in this should not be underestimated. Having the title to lose after 30 years will cause anxiety and stress far beyond any normal situation.

Maybe's with the fans and longer serving members at the club, I doubt Klopp and the players will feel the same, they know they are good enough and in an excellent position, a position that any club in the World would be delighted with. 

Everton would want the next Merseyside Derby to be scheduled before October 17th this year to at least have the chance of avoiding a full decade without a single win for them in this fixture. 

Oh, and Everton still have as many MD goals in the Klopp era as Big Div. 

• Upvote 1

It's a sign of the scars of 30 years and things like what happened in 2014 and the ridiculous situation of last season, where we got more pts than every title winning side in history bar Man City in their 100 pt season and that bloody season - that is leading to doubt....

But fact is we are a MAXIMUM of 5 pts from 8 games away from title.

We could even win it this week.

It is a dream position we are in, and we'll get it done!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nah.

Mentality monsters this team. The only people getting twitchy arses would be the fans - and they're not there to spread an atmosphere of quimmery.

Now whistling a tune from Mary Poppins while saying “Quim quimmery, quim quimmery...” in my head. Fucking cheers then.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We just needed not to lose today. Klopp has got this.

It’s going to be hard. Hodgson will stick everyone behind the ball and so will everyone else. We won’t have the crowd to lift us. 

We just need to stay calm. 

There should be nothing hard in the slightest in getting five points from eight games in an abysmal league. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

There should be nothing hard in the slightest in getting five points from eight games in an abysmal league. 

I’m not saying it’ll be hard to get the points. But each game will be hard. 

Fuck me, this place is even more rancid than I’d remembered. Not missed it.

Don't get stressed!

We have been here a few times before, getting the monkey of our back.

It's done, we have won a sky sports premier League.

The only thing that any cunt can say is Stevie G never won it 

I'm sure he couldn't give a fuck, neither do I

I may be wrong but Ipswich finished a point behind us in the eighties? It had been won week's before.

2/3/4/25/28, the monkey is off our fuckin back

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Very slow and lacking any intensity. Hopefully we play a lot better on Wednesday. Milner cant go on forever being our backup left back, he would have struggled on Wednesday against Saha again. 

I'd like to see Larouci or that other kid get a run out before the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

The standard of football in these opening games compared to the Bundesliga has been night and day. Ive no reason why, but the bundesliga teams looked very sharp, the Prem teams look absolutely woeful

Two month layoff as opposed to a three month layoff?