You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

I suppose it's a big ask for Arsenal to beat City, but first game back after a long lay off and an empty stadium they could pull off a shock. Going to Everton and winning the title thereafter would be something sweet. 

19 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I suppose it's a big ask for Arsenal to beat City, but first game back after a long lay off and an empty stadium they could pull off a shock. Going to Everton and winning the title thereafter would be something sweet. 

City are well used to games without an atmosphere though. Mind you, I suppose Arsenal are too.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Playing with an empty stadium instead of 39.000 rabid bitters takes away about 60% of Everton's chances. A referee and officials not feeling intimidated by said rabid fans, probably another 25%. The fact we have a far superior squad should see us comfortably win this game, although the bitters will chalk it down to being unfair and not counting in the big scheme of things. Reckon we'll beat them 4-1. 

They'll obviously also say that if they pulled off a highly unlikely win or draw, as you know lives and wellbeing are more important and they don't care about any football results until it's completely safe to be playing, and right now is not the time*

*Unless the current league is declared null and void and the new season starts straightaway, in that case, all systems go, fire up the Z Cars.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They'll obviously also say that if they pulled off a highly unlikely win or draw, as you know lives and wellbeing are more important and they don't care about any football results until it's completely safe to be playing, and right now is not the time*

*Unless the current league is declared null and void and the new season starts straightaway, in that case, all systems go, fire up the Z Cars.

I imagine that if Everton FC were in a similar position to Sheff Utd or Wolves and a chance at a CL spot they'd be singing a different tune. Mind you, if it meant that we wouldn't lift the title they'd probably settle for relegation.

I can't wait for their reaction to any new stadium plans being delayed due to Covid, you just know that excuse will be forthcoming. 

50 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

City are the quintessential training ground team. 99% of their goals are exactly that, a forced overload of the flank and a flood of illegally purchased elite footballers are awaiting to knock it in. They'll be the best equipped team,along with ourselves as we're the best drilled squads. Arse will get humbled unfortunately 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, niallers said:

City are the quintessential training ground team. 99% of their goals are exactly that, a forced overload of the flank and a flood of illegally purchased elite footballers are awaiting to knock it in. They'll be the best equipped team,along with ourselves as we're the best drilled squads. Arse will get humbled unfortunately 

I agree to an extent, but first game back and all that, how arsed will City's little darlings be? Even they know it is a futile chase. If we have to wait until the palace game I'm cool with that as well, especially being as we can do it in front of our staff and the Tea lady. Who knows, if things pan out differently we might be able to land the title at City's ground by needing a draw/win. 

29 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree to an extent, but first game back and all that, how arsed will City's little darlings be? Even they know it is a futile chase. If we have to wait until the palace game I'm cool with that as well, especially being as we can do it in front of our staff and the Tea lady. Who knows, if things pan out differently we might be able to land the title at City's ground by needing a draw/win. 

I only hope that hysterical fannyitis won't rear its ugly head should we take longer than we'd like to wrap it up

43 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Jurgen "Maggie and the rest of the kitchen team. Fucking mentality giants"

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Plastic league.

Fucking gimp.

20200616_140822.jpg

I guess they could have done the decent thing and decided not to complete the season what with it not being safe, everything changed and now a 'plastic' league. But no, their club has decided it has to go against all that their fans say.

Honestly, I really want us to give them a good hiding, 5, 6 or 7 nil in this game. But I'll take 1-0!

Funny as fuck hearing all the mancs complaining Mike Dean is the ref for this game. Apparently he's going to make sure Liverpool win the game and league.

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I guess they could have done the decent thing and decided not to complete the season what with it not being safe, everything changed and now a 'plastic' league. But no, their club has decided it has to go against all that their fans say.

Honestly, I really want us to give them a good hiding, 5, 6 or 7 nil in this game. But I'll take 1-0!

Funny as fuck hearing all the mancs complaining Mike Dean is the ref for this game. Apparently he's going to make sure Liverpool win the game and league.

Didn't Anthony Taylor, Altrincham fan referee the Manchester Derby in December? 

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I’m genuinely struggling to remember anything Mike Dean has ever given us ?....

That's cos he only ever gets to referee us in derby matches, and there's absolutely no evidence that he's ever favoured either team. Referees from Greater Manchester, however, regularly officiate City or United games. Struggling to see the consistency there, but, hey, what's new?

Just now, liverpoolsno9 said:

After winning the European Carabao Cup last season, The World Charity Shield in December and a plastic league this year, when are we ever gonna win a proper trophy again? 

Anything we ever win will always be regarded as tainted by those blue mongs. 

This coming from a club that hasn't won anything for a quarter of a century. That's like a tramp laughing at you when you lose your house keys. 

The day the actually win something you can bet your house it will be the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.