You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Bjornebye

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

This (but I'd have Gomez ahead of Matip).

What kind of line-up will they put out?  Are any of their players actually any good?

They will be praying that Ancelotti puts a weakened side out so they can use it as an excuse. 

Couple of clubs have played or have lined up a 'friendly' or two before the league re starts. I read somewhere we were talking to Blackburn about having a game to build the sharpness. Obviously, needs to make sure any team we face in such circumstances have tested negative. Would be a bit surprised if we went into the game without limbering up against someone?

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Arsenal got beat 3-2 by Brentford. Bet Man City are shitting themselves.

Are Man City playing Brentford aswell?

10 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Because your attitude stinks.

I've isolated thank you very much, nor would I condone anyone who hasn't.  Every single person whose broke or condoned the lock down is a fucking cunt who deserves a good dose of karma.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Long story.

Long stories normally get made into a number of films, resulting in lots of people becoming rich.

I would suggest you get writing.

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Facebook full of people saying they'll be going to the stadium when the leagues sealed.  If we can pack beaches and have protests, why can't I attitude.

but you can understand that attitude the government did fuck all to stop these people hitting the beaches and protests to be honest i think they have given up trying to stop people and letting herd immunity kick in.All we can do is look after ourselves if crowds show up at Anfield then they need there bloody heads testing 

22 minutes ago, andyj said:

but you can understand that attitude the government did fuck all to stop these people hitting the beaches and protests to be honest i think they have given up trying to stop people and letting herd immunity kick in.All we can do is look after ourselves if crowds show up at Anfield then they need there bloody heads testing 

Herd immunity has been clear from the start but there's a distinct lack of personal responsibility and people happy to pass the buck.  

I hope none of these people end up in court cause the so and so did worse line, doesn't wash. 

It doesn’t matter what others do though. The very same tossers who have been calling for null and void to “save lives”, will have been down to the beach, in the park, having barbecues or been on protest marches or at least a proportion of them will have been and they won’t care what the effects of that may be. But when it comes to playing a game against Athletico that we didn’t have a choice to boycott, or our “fans” turning up at a ground we are playing at while restrictions are still in force, we will be pilloried and blamed for all kinds by those very same idiots and the usual suspects in the media. Its what happens. I’d like to think that we wouldn’t have any of ours turn up until its allowed and that they’d save it for any official bus tour that might happen, then really let it rip, but we have so many followers (and detractors) that by the law of averages, some will go ahead regardless of the consequences. It’s interesting there’s been little criticism of Coventry fans congregating the other evening that I’ve heard of.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

It doesn’t matter what others do though. The very same tossers who have been calling for null and void to “save lives”, will have been down to the beach, in the park, having barbecues or been on protest marches or at least a proportion of them will have been and they won’t care what the effects of that may be. But when it comes to playing a game against Athletico that we didn’t have a choice to boycott, or our “fans” turning up at a ground we are playing at while restrictions are still in force, we will be pilloried and blamed for all kinds by those very same idiots and the usual suspects in the media. Its what happens. I’d like to think that we wouldn’t have any of ours turn up until its allowed and that they’d save it for any official bus tour that might happen, then really let it rip, but we have so many followers (and detractors) that by the law of averages, some will go ahead regardless of the consequences. It’s interesting there’s been little criticism of Coventry fans congregating the other evening that I’ve heard of.

Mystifying isn't it, if I didn't know better I'd think there was some sort of agenda.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Salah and Robertson missed the Blackburn game and missed training so I'd be very surprised if they played this match.

Gini missed the first inter team game last week and he played yesterday. This game is still 9 days away. Plenty of time to recover from a minor knock and let's hope that's all they have.  Ox too! 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'm not arsed about this game as it's no longer a real competition and people's lives are far more important.

Obviously lives are more important - that's, y'know, true of every game - but it very much is a real competition and I'm very much arsed.