You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Categories Draft Group B Please Vote

Bjornebye

Please Vote for the best 2  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote for the best 2

John102 - Gabigol looked like he could be a world beater but flopped. Bribery should be on the left. Griezmann should be behind Kluivert and Gabigol swapped for a right winger. Even Walcott or someone makes that attack strong. Good defence. Always baffles me why Baines didn't take the next step-up. I think at one point he was probably only behind Ashley Cole as the best LB in the prem. 

Dynamite - Fast attacking front-line and wingers but a weaker CM pair than most. Very good defence and keeper.

Rapey - A brilliant side let down only by the centre backs. Again relying a lot on the full-backs, who are accomplished getting up there to be fair. 

Elite - Very good attack and midfield. Well balanced and definite goals there. Will concede a lot though against some of the other attacks. Not the worst defence but still, not as good as others. 

Dynamite and Rapey just scrapes 2nd. 

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

John102 - Gabigol looked like he could be a world beater but flopped. Bribery should be on the left. Griezmann should be behind Kluivert and Gabigol swapped for a right winger. Even Walcott or someone makes that attack strong. Good defence. Always baffles me why Baines didn't take the next step-up. I think at one point he was probably only behind Ashley Cole as the best LB in the prem. 

Dynamite - Fast attacking front-line and wingers but a weaker CM pair than most. Very good defence and keeper.

Rapey - A brilliant side let down only by the centre backs. Again relying a lot on the full-backs, who are accomplished getting up there to be fair. 

Elite - Very good attack and midfield. Well balanced and definite goals there. Will concede a lot though against some of the other attacks. Not the worst defence but still, not as good as others. 

Dynamite and Rapey just scrapes 2nd. 

54 goals in last 69 games???

6 minutes ago, John102 said:

54 goals in last 69 games???

In Brazil! He has played 5 times for his country. Went to Inter and was shite. Loaned to Benfica and only played 1 game. Decent on Footy manager. 

I hadn't seen his recent stats to be honest just remembered him in Europe. 

Stig has 4 of my picks in his side so gets my second vote. I think Dynamite is probably better but bias plays a part unfortunately. 

Sugar Ape gets my German away team vote, not much in it though, his defence is slightly better than Elite. John has too many players out of position.

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Stig has 4 of my picks in his side so gets my second vote. I think Dynamite is probably better but bias plays a part unfortunately. 

Sugar Ape gets my German away team vote, not much in it though, his defence is slightly better than Elite. John has too many players out of position.

Eh? 

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

HAHAHAHAHA

That best be an intentional piss take.

(i do agree)

Guest Alex_K

John I don't know why you took Gabigol here. Alex & Juan were both available still for Flamego as very good CL level / national team centre backs, which could have afforded you another midfielder which is needed. Muntari was a very good player and Kante is possibly the best midfielder in the world along with De Bruyne .. but the front 4 are very attacking. This should have been an easy win for you.

Bjornebye takes one of my picks. Ballack/Snejder/Diarra is a nice twist on the Mourinho-type midfields of the 00s. Considered taking Diarra into my midfield but my other midfielders were probably a bit small to accomodate; Ballack was a collosus so they work well together (wanted Ballack). Just goes over Elite here who has a few too many sub-par players (Darmian, Fletcher, Materazzi, Rafinha).

Sugar Ape takes first pick. Eyes were first drawn to the defence which is very ordinary overall but its a really nice midfield and forward line -- the midfield especially looks better laid out than how i'd imagined it when selected. Vieri and Eto'o a very cool forward line - really wanted Eto'o from the Everton choices (what a weird place for him to have played).

Can't vote for Dynamite as Smertin, Forrest and Serginho in the same midfield is too many subpar players when compared to the Sugar Ape / Bjornebye teams.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh right. 

Its ok, Col spelt Boateng wrong. 

But he wasn't chasing me around the forum like a girl pointing out spelling mistakes in the last draft.

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

John I don't know why you took Gabigol here. Alex & Juan were both available still for Flamego as very good CL level / national team centre backs, which could have afforded you another midfielder which is needed. Muntari was a very good player and Kante is possibly the best midfielder in the world along with De Bruyne .. but the front 4 are very attacking. This should have been an easy win for you.

I did think long about Juan in defence and moving Edmilson into midfield.

Didnt think the forum would have gone for it though. 

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Bjornebye takes one of my picks. Ballack/Snejder/Diarra is a nice twist on the Mourinho-type midfields of the 00s. Considered taking Diarra into my midfield but my other midfielders were probably a bit small to accomodate; Ballack was a collosus so they work well together (wanted Ballack). Just goes over Elite here who has a few too many sub-par players (Darmian, Fletcher, Materazzi, Rafinha).

Sugar Ape takes first pick. Eyes were first drawn to the defence which is very ordinary overall but its a really nice midfield and forward line -- the midfield especially looks better laid out than how i'd imagined it when selected. Vieri and Eto'o a very cool forward line - really wanted Eto'o from the Everton choices (what a weird place for him to have played).

Can't vote for Dynamite as Smertin, Forrest and Serginho in the same midfield is too many subpar players when compared to the Sugar Ape / Bjornebye teams.

Never twigged that Eto'o was Everton, assumed he rocked up in Turkey. I picked Rooney as the best available blue, Eto'o wipes the floor with him.

Stig

Good balanced team, think Tierney has got it all to prove and is just potential at the minute but the rest of the defence is a good fit. Ballack is a great player in midfield but think Diarra would have a lot to do and not sure he's up to it. I like your attacking three and think they'd compliment each other well.

John

Keeper aside, it's a quality defence and possibly the best back four in the whole draft. Not really sure on the midfield and think it would struggle a bit to control games and not be overran, think the team would look a lot better if you swapped Gabigol for a number ten and swapped Ribery and Griezemann around. 

Dynamite

Really like the defence, great pair of attacking fullbacks and nice centre back pairing ahead of a world class keeper. The midfield is so bad though I actually think Scott Brown could have improved it. Pound for pound I think Forrest is the worst outfield player in the draft, think Serginho was always more of a left back or wing back and Smertin just wasn't very good. Dynamic pairing up top and Collymore would be a good partner for Torres.

Elite

Defence is a bit underwhelming apart from Alderweireld. Think your midfield two would struggle as Fletcher would have an awful lot to go and he was a bit shit frankly. Two good players on the wings in Duff and Berger but think some other teams have better options there. On the plus side, nice pairing up front and they'd be a real handful. On the negative side, you robbed my kit you cunt.

Stig first choice for me and then between Elite and John for my second pick I think John just edges it with a superior defence and midfield, though I think Elite is better up front.

Voted for the two Germans as I feel they are the most balanced. Although if I was Rapey, I’d probably swap Veron and Khedira around, as Khedira has never played the holding role in his life I don’t think. 

John’s team has my favourite back 4 but I feel the midfield balance is off... Kante and Muntari are both roaming midfielders, the midfield is lacking a controller. Griezmann is also a forward I don’t think he could play as a wide midfielder in a midfield 4. Also GabiLOL.

Stig’s attack and midfield are great. However back 4 have three average players IMO. Umtiti IMO is overrated. He hasn’t done much at Barca and paired with Coloccini I think it makes for a weak defence.

Dynamite has great attack and defence, and best goalie in the draft. However, midfield has too many average players.

Guest Alex_K

Khedira literally won the World Cup and Champions League playing the holding role. Veron was a playermaker type who was covered by Almeyda at Lazio, Inter and with the national team (maybe Parma too? don't remember if their times crossed).

Umtiti won the World Cup as a starter centre back keeping 4 clean sheets at the tournament including against Belgium & Suarez's Uruguay. Has had a lot of injury problems (missed both legs against us).

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Khedira literally won the World Cup and Champions League playing the holding role. Veron was a playermaker type who was covered by Almeyda at Lazio, Inter and with the national team (maybe Parma too? don't remember if their times crossed).

Umtiti won the World Cup as a starter centre back keeping 4 clean sheets at the tournament including against Belgium & Suarez's Uruguay. Has had a lot of injury problems (missed both legs against us).

Khedira is a box-to-box midfielder and has always been. For Real Madrid, it was Alonso who sat deep, and Khedira played a more roaming role. Veron could and has played as a deep-lying playmaker. In a 4-4-2 diamond I wouldn’t play Khedira as the anchor is all

I’m saying, as I think Veron would be more suitable.. even though of course that’s not his natural position either.

Guest Alex_K
11 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Khedira literally won the World Cup and Champions League playing the holding role.

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Khedira is a box-to-box midfielder and has always been. For Real Madrid, it was Alonso who sat deep, and Khedira played a more roaming role. Veron could and has played as a deep-lying playmaker. In a 4-4-2 diamond I wouldn’t play Khedira as the anchor is all

I’m saying, as I think Veron would be more suitable.. even though of course that’s not his natural position either.

Alonso did not play in the Champions League final '14. The midfield was Modric, Di Maria and Khedira with Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema in front.

Khedira also played in the holding role for the duration of the '14 World Cup alongside Schweinsteiger/Kroos before he was injured ahead of the final and replaced in the team by Kramer who was also a defensive midfielder.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Alonso did not play in the Champions League final '14. The midfield was Modric, Di Maria and Khedira with Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema in front.

Khedira also played in the holding role for the duration of the '14 World Cup alongside Schweinsteiger/Kroos before he was injured ahead of the final and replaced in the team by Kramer who was also a defensive midfielder.

Khedira is and has always been a box to box midfielder. It shouldn’t really be up for discussion. He’d never play as an anchor in a midfield diamond. He just doesn’t have that in his game.

Guest Alex_K
6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Khedira is and has always been a box to box midfielder. It shouldn’t really be up for discussion. He’d never play as an anchor in a midfield diamond. He just doesn’t have that in his game.

?? Why would you not just admit when you are wrong rather than dig your heels in? Your initial riposte to “Khedira literally won the Champions League as a holding midfielder” was Alonso played that role. Except Alonso didn’t even play the game. Is this your Jamie Redknapp version of Alonso winning us the 4-1 game at Old Trafford? So who did play that role behind 3 strikers? The Argentinian winger Di Maria? Or Luka Modric? It’s just nonsensical to suggest that Sami Khedira never played holding midfield. He literally won the Champions League in the position. It’s not even debatable.

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

?? Why would you not just admit when you are wrong rather than dig your heels in? Your initial riposte to “Khedira literally won the Champions League as a holding midfielder” was Alonso played that role. Except Alonso didn’t even play the game. Is this your Jamie Redknapp version of Alonso winning us the 4-1 game at Old Trafford? So who did play that role behind 3 strikers? The Argentinian winger Di Maria? Or Luka Modric? It’s just nonsensical to suggest that Sami Khedira never played holding midfield. He literally won the Champions League in the position. It’s not even debatable.

Unfortunately I’m sorry to say it’s because you’re wrong here. Khedira is a box to box mid. Go on his transfermarkt page. I understand the temptation to label him as a holding mid, but if you actually watched him play you’d see that he would never play as the sitting midfield midfielder in a midfield diamond, just like you wouldn’t Kante for example. Your only example of him playing as a DM is a game where Alonso was literally suspended for.

Guest Alex_K
27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Unfortunately I’m sorry to say it’s because you’re wrong here. Khedira is a box to box mid. Go on his transfermarkt page. I understand the temptation to label him as a holding mid, but if you actually watched him play you’d see that he would never play as the sitting midfield midfielder in a midfield diamond, just like you wouldn’t Kante for example. Your only example of him playing as a DM is a game where Alonso was literally suspended for.

At least Jamie Redknapp isn’t the only one to have attributed a phantom victory to Xabi Alonso now. You are in good company.