You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Havertz, Werner or Sancho

Bjornebye

Havertz, Werner or Sancho   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Havertz, Werner or Sancho

2. 2. Does Jet Fuel Melt Steel Beams?

Firstly we aren't signing any of these but if we could only sign one of them, who are you choosing? We have been heavily linked with them all lately. People on here seem to know loads about them. 

Havertz for me because I don't think Werner is breaking into the front 3 although we do need decent cover there especially with the AFCON looming. Havertz will (if he isn't already) become world class. I'm not arsed about Sancho. A lot of people really rate him but when I've seen him he just reminds me of a slightly better Sterling who again isn't getting a start here. 

Havertz probably is pretty high on the risk-reward spectrum, but he looks a pretty special talent. His touch is Berbatov-esqe, he’s dominant in the air, and at full-pelt he’s not much slower than the other two. I’m not sure how he’d cope with the physicality of the PL though... he’s the lanky type.

All 3 are great players.

I'll take Werner, based on the fact that he's the best of the three currently and will cost half of what the other two would. I know there is an argument for planning for the future and buying players before they reach their peak, but I really think we're in a period here with the squad where we could win the league 2-3 times in the next 5 years.

With that in mind, let's get Werner.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Havertz probably is pretty high on the risk-reward spectrum, but he looks a pretty special talent. His touch is Berbatov-esqe, he’s dominant in the air, and at full-pelt he’s not much slower than the other two. I’m not sure how he’d cope with the physicality of the PL though... he’s the lanky type.

Lanky you say.

52E6D715-ED22-4424-B7B3-4CCC2EA75433.gif

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Correct. I don’t think I buy that... Leipzig isn’t a purely counter-attacking side, and he scores loads of goals for them.

Me either, Hamann seems bitter about us, maybe he fancied a job under a German manager. Very good player, never took to him as a person.

Sancho>Havertz>Werner for me. Sancho's first two full seasons are on par with Mbappe, he's been that good. I don't think people realize that. And then, Havertz over Werner because I think he's a better value add to the squad with his qualities and positioning rather than Werner, who would be a supplement to an already great front 3. But Werner is the most economical and is the way more likely transfer out of all three. 

As I said in another thread yesterday, when the time comes to replace Bobby, I think Havertz looks a perfect replacement.

Whenever I watch Werner, I’ve never been convinced, I feel he’s a bit wasteful. But his record, especially this season, is brilliant. He’s going to get >30 goals, so he can’t be that wasteful. He does look like he’s fit our style - fast, direct, works hard & does than run in behind all the time. 

I’ve not seen enough of Sancho to comment. The main time I watched was Dortmund v Bayern last season (Dortmund won 3-2) and he was absolutely brilliant but that was the last time I saw him. I was disappointed he didn’t play in the Bayern match last week. 

Anyways, Werner for now. Havertz next season, Sancho to go to the mancs (and flop) because we sign Mbappe.