You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Proposal for fake fan noise to be part of Premier League broadcast

TLW

32 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

If it helps the players then why not give it a go. It’s going to be weird enough for many so if this means the games have even a fraction more edge to them then that’s better for the players and better for the fans. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m pretty sure the players won’t be able to hear it, unless someone puts the telly on really loud in one of the corporate boxes and leaves a window open.

Its only on the telly.

Funnily enough, back in the very late 60's or early 70's, a club intended to play recorded Leeds chants over the tannoy during a 3rd Round FA Cup tie. Im not sure what club it was, maybe one of the lower league Yorkshire sides at the time, when Leeds were considered a top side?

It was pointed out that how would hearing Leeds chants over the tannoy encourage the home team to play better, the manager just said it would create a better atmosphere.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Funnily enough, back in the very late 60's or early 70's, a club intended to play recorded Leeds chants over the tannoy during a 3rd Round FA Cup tie. Im not sure what club it was, maybe one of the lower league Yorkshire sides at the time, when Leeds were considered a top side?

It was pointed out that how would hearing Leeds chants over the tannoy encourage thehome team to play better, themanager just said it would create a better atmosphere.

Hearing Leeds chants would never make me play better. Living where I do has made me loath everything about them. 

I do think that having some sort of noise in the stadium that the players can hear would be beneficial though. Certainly can’t hurt to try. 

Although obviously a daft idea on paper, I was watching a couple of German games yesterday with the fake crowd noises & I have to admit, it was significantly better than I thought.

My concern with the noises in the Premiership, is that it’s a different type of atmosphere. In Germany, a lot of the atmosphere is a white noise of constant chanting that doesn’t always coincide the action on the pitch, whereas the atmosphere in the Premiership is more reactive to the action on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although obviously a daft idea on paper, I was watching a couple of German games yesterday with the fake crowd noises & I have to admit, it was significantly better than I thought.

My concern with the noises in the Premiership, is that it’s a different type of atmosphere. In Germany, a lot of the atmosphere is a white noise of constant chanting that doesn’t always coincide the action on the pitch, whereas the atmosphere in the Premiership is more reactive to the action on the pitch. 

There better be a stock 'Since 1995' chant to broadcast. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

There better be a stock 'Since 1995' chant to broadcast. 

Followed by other such classics as...

“In for a week, out for a month”

“Everton wives, run for you lives“

...and

“He’s only got little arms”

As others have said, I’ve watched German matches with no fake crowd and it’s like a training game. I wanted one yesterday with the crowd noise and it was completely different. It felt like a proper game. A huge improvement. 

I've not seen either a crowless game nor a fake sound game but just remember the world cups in Japan/South Korea and South Africa. The weird reactions totally impacted my enjoyment of watching the game - the Japanese crowds got excited way too early in an attack and South Africa just had constant monotonous Vevuzelas. 

Not really sure how you can object to fake crowd noises at least as an option

6 hours ago, Remmie said:

I've not seen either a crowless game nor a fake sound game but just remember the world cups in Japan/South Korea and South Africa. The weird reactions totally impacted my enjoyment of watching the game - the Japanese crowds got excited way too early in an attack and South Africa just had constant monotonous Vevuzelas. 

Not really sure how you can object to fake crowd noises at least as an option

I only care about the football. If you are going to do noise then make it real not fake. Mic up people's homes instead or as they are watching it on their tellies or computers,at least that is real.

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I only care about the football. If you are going to do noise then make it real not fake. Mic up people's homes instead or as they are watching it on their tellies or computers,at least that is real.

Yeah have that as another option too

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

"Pass the fucking ball, get in you bastard!"

Sorry, we're having difficulties with the connection right now, we'll back after this commercial break.