You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mook Needs You

Bjornebye

Slight change of plan, the French woman & her husband have found out their 4yr old daughter has leukemia.

I'm not sure why but I feel awful, I was going through some of my old scores yesterday & e-mailed my boss last night to say that I wanted access to everything she's marked me on & that I was going to be challenging the majority of it. Safe to say I'll be putting the bullying/harassment charge on hold for now.

Life certainly has a way of putting things in perspective.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Slight change of plan, the French woman & her husband have found out their 4yr old daughter has leukemia.

I'm not sure why but I feel awful, I was going through some of my old scores yesterday & e-mailed my boss last night to say that I wanted access to everything she's marked me on & that I was going to be challenging the majority of it. Safe to say I'll be putting the bullying/harassment charge on hold for now.

Fuck, what a nightmare!!

12 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Fuck, what a nightmare!!

She's stuck in a room with no windows & only one parent in at a time apparently.

You can't begin to imagine that happening to one of your kids.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

She's stuck in a room with no windows & only one parent in at a time apparently.

You can't begin to imagine that happening to one of your kids.

Doesn't get much worse than that

What a tragedy 

Let's hope she makes a full recovery

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I assume people in the company know that you are considering this charge? I certainly hope so, otherwise your humanity (and it is a good show of your humanity which should be recognised) here is an empty gesture. Your company should absolutely know that it's something you are planning, regardless of her circumtances.

This may seem a cold and cuntish view. I actually went through this bullying when I worked at a big mobile phone company. I was actually there when they were a small company and helped them become big. Then all the guys and gals came in from the outside world and one of them became my manager. Needless to say he was doing all kinds of snide shit - some I knew about, some I didn't. I let it all slide. Then shit hit the fan with a phantom promotion. I wanted it, got it then there were denials that I got it and it was given to someone else. I was about to prompt an investigation when he went on a stress related sabbatical. I didn't want to be the snide so I stopped. Then he came back and he started up again ten times worse.

Started the investigations and there was all kinds of shit on my record and they were planning to fire me after 12 years. When they showed me the records I was amazed as none of it was actually discussed. It was planted there. I regretted not at least starting proceedings. Or letting them know there were potentially problems. But it worked out in my favour as when redundancies came round I did pretty well from a voluntary standpoint.

The point is that she could easily come at you again and you need to ensure you are ready for that. If she doesn't, you have covered yourself, been the humanitatian and keep your career clean.

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

*Just kidding, I actually love Glasgow

She lives in Fife which is far, far worse than Glasgow.

And Shooter, I will still be challenging her scores, I'll leave the bullying stuff with HR for now but it will be staying in my back pocket. My manager is unaware that I was considering that option.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

And Shooter, I will still be challenging her scores, I'll leave the bullying stuff with HR for now but it will be staying in my back pocket. My manager is unaware that I was considering that option.

So long as HR know, that should do the job.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

All we need now is for her to accuse Mook of racism and challenging her management because he hates French people, and we can comfortably add this to the Berlin undercard.

The Thriller in Berliner as somebody named it yesterday... great name

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

Isn't St Andrews in Fife? That always looks very nice

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Maybe she's acting like a cunt to you externalise her inner grief. It's no excuse like, hope her daughter's okay.

She's been fucking me over since March, she found out about her daughter in the last 24hrs.

St Andrews is the (very) posh bit of Fife.

She's been fucking me over since March, she found out about her daughter in the last 24hrs.

Fair enough. I wouldn't wish what's happening to her on my worst enemy but sometimes things happen in life that change a person's mindset and put things into perspective, so hopefully her daughter recovers and she realises that being such a petty cunt isn't good.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mook said:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mook said:

I'd like to think that this life changing news will act as an epiphany moment for her but I wont hold my breath.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are we still allowed to make jokes about her? If not Mook then there must be another woman in your life that hates you. Local shop assistant? Barmaid? Tonys Maa? 

I'll have a think about this one & get back to you, Women generally don't tend to like me so it's a case of narrowing it down.

I'll have a think about this one & get back to you, Women generally don't tend to like me so it's a case of narrowing it down.

My missus thought you were a nice bloke. 

A year ago today that. 

• Upvote 1