You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Categories Draft

Bjornebye

Guest Alex_K

@Sugar Ape your go

@Bjornebye - just so im 100% clear, for the international teams it is if they made their first international cap on or after 1/1/1990, is that correct? I.e. Sammer in the previous example made another international appearance before '90 so cannot be picked for Germany, but anyone making their first international appearancer after '90 is valid?

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

@Sugar Ape your go

@Bjornebye - just so im 100% clear, for the international teams it is if they made their first international cap on or after 1/1/1990, is that correct? I.e. Sammer in the previous example made another international appearance before '90 so cannot be picked for Germany, but anyone making their first international appearancer after '90 is valid?

Professional debut after 01/01/1990 is how I read it.

Just now, Alex_K said:

@Sugar Ape your go

Sammer can't be picked. He made his professional debut in the 80's. 

The rule is simple mate, a selection is only valid if they made their professional debut on or after 1/1/1990 regardless if its a club or national choice. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Sammer can't be picked. He made his professional debut in the 80's. 

The rule is simple mate, a selection is only valid if they made their professional debut on or after 1/1/1990 regardless if its a club or national choice. 

Ok, got it. The rule wasn't simple from the statement "First cap for either east or west or unified", because you could have a first cap for either of those 3 in the 90s, but a first club cap in the 80s (which is the case for a lot of the international players who debuted in the 90s). But if the international team players fall under the same rules as the club team players there is clarity.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Far too much research needed by me to be competitive in this.

Also, no idea why I picked Craig Gordon as first pick, as if getting him was crucial.

Years and years of Championship Manager have prepared me for these kind of obscure drafts...