You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that were good in one role but shit in everything else?

Elite

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

DiCaprio is in The Departed, is he not? That’s a boss film. 

I was going to mention that as a pretty average film,not just because of DiCaprio but the hype surrounding it and how highly it seems to be rated. Only a 'meh' from me for the whole film.

On 25/05/2020 at 13:02, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Leono did Capro has been brilliant in many films, especially as he started out as a kid actor in a film I think with Robert de nitro? How many kid actors go on to become good actors in their own rights?

This Boy’s Life. Very good film, in my opinion. I think DiCaprio was about 17 or 18 when it was made.

On 25/05/2020 at 23:00, VladimirIlyich said:

I hate DiCaprio and have never,nor will,ever watch Titanic. He's massively overrated as an actor but hes had way more than one good role for all his faults. I thought Wolf of Wall Street was a decent film and Catch Me if You Can too. 

Blood Diamond

On 25/05/2020 at 23:47, easytoslip said:

I had to sit for 3 hours at the Pictures when that came out, and a load of cack it was, pretty much a stupid film which could have been more factual, but some like that type of stuff so fair play , not worth getting an elbow nudge every 15 minutes for. 

Never really seen him in much, if any, in anything else apart from that Catch Me If You Can, which wasn't bad, so he seems ok. 

Blood Diamond

On 26/05/2020 at 06:34, VladimirIlyich said:

I was going to mention that as a pretty average film,not just because of DiCaprio but the hype surrounding it and how highly it seems to be rated. Only a 'meh' from me for the whole film.

You're just taking the piss there 

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Not sure if Madonna counts, but I can't think of anything decent she's done bar Desperately Seeking Susan, and most of it has been utterly dreadful.

A League of Their Own, Evita.... Dick Tracy....

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I know you are gay for DiCaprio but The Departed was a big disappointment for me,I expected a lot better.

I think its a great film. Jack Nicholas and Alec Baldwin are fucking superb in it.