You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that were good in one role but shit in everything else?

Elite

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

Stallone

(and not Frank, either)

He was great in First Blood, Rocky and Copland at the very least. Oh and Cobra apparently, not seen that or the one he did as an arm wrestler.

I have no idea what thread this is for anymore.

22 hours ago, TK421 said:

Leonardo DiCaprio was superb in Titanic but awful in everything else.

I hate DiCaprio and have never,nor will,ever watch Titanic. He's massively overrated as an actor but hes had way more than one good role for all his faults. I thought Wolf of Wall Street was a decent film and Catch Me if You Can too. 

I thought Stallone was good in "Copland" as well.

But that only serves to highlight the endless stream of shite he's provided over the last 40 years.

If he'd made even one "Copland" to every 10 Rocky/Rambo iterations he's made, I'd agree he doesn't belong on the list.

Maybe if it had been more popular/profitable/well-received, he would have.

Can't argue with his success--he hasn't made too many bad decisions overall.

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

I thought Stallone was good in "Copland" as well.

But that only serves to highlight the endless stream of shite he's provided over the last 40 years.

If he'd made even one "Copland" to every 10 Rocky/Rambo iterations he's made, I'd agree he doesn't belong on the list.

Maybe if it had been more popular/profitable/well-received, he would have.

Can't argue with his success--he hasn't made too many bad decisions overall.

Cliffhanger was a great film too. There was a long production story to that, I'm sure I read it was originally going to be a comedy. I will have to look it up. Stallone just shouldn't do actual comedy. I'm sure he did one - was it Stop Momma Or I'll Shoot?

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I hate DiCaprio and have never,nor will,ever watch Titanic. He's massively overrated as an actor but hes had way more than one good role for all his faults. I thought Wolf of Wall Street was a decent film and Catch Me if You Can too. 

I had to sit for 3 hours at the Pictures when that came out, and a load of cack it was, pretty much a stupid film which could have been more factual, but some like that type of stuff so fair play , not worth getting an elbow nudge every 15 minutes for. 

Never really seen him in much, if any, in anything else apart from that Catch Me If You Can, which wasn't bad, so he seems ok.