You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actors that were good in one role but shit in everything else?

Elite

3 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Name one other than Natural Born Killers. Or Heat. Or The Relic. I think he was in Band Of Brothers as well. But other than those I’m struggling to think of anything else of note...!

The Rock

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Christian Slater. Superb in True Romance. Cant really think of him being decent in anything else. Possibly Robin Hood but he's barely in it anyway. 

He's did a nice cameo in Austin Powers but other than that I can only think of Broken Arrow in terms of films he's been in. Think he was ok in that but don't really remember.

He is really good in True romance

19 minutes ago, Remmie said:

He's did a nice cameo in Austin Powers but other than that I can only think of Broken Arrow in terms of films he's been in. Think he was ok in that but don't really remember.

He is really good in True romance

He was/ is pretty good in Mr Robot too. Loads of dross apart from that, mind.

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

You lot are mixing up Roy Scheider (The French Connection, Jaws etc) with Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigelow etc).

No we're fucking not you cunt

*walks off with tail between legs

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Nolte has been in lots of good stuff.

I was thinking I’ve not seen him in much apart from Point Break. I’ve made a terrible error. It was Gary Busey I was thinking of not Nick Nolte. Although Busey was good in Predator 2 also in fairness.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Controversial perhaps, but Bruce Willis in anything other than Die Hard.

I see where you're coming from. But he was excellent in twelve monkeys. Unlike that wooden twat Brad Pitt. 

Could you say De Niro perhaps? Suited to the mafia roles, but pigeon holed a bit in them...

No wait, that's bollox by me, he was brilliant in Heat, and even those meet the focker movies to. 

22 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I see where you're coming from. But he was excellent in twelve monkeys. Unlike that wooden twat Brad Pitt. 

Could you say De Niro perhaps? Suited to the mafia roles, but pigeon holed a bit in them...

No wait, that's bollox by me, he was brilliant in Heat, and even those meet the focker movies to. 

Taxi Driver, Deer Hunter, King of Comedy, The Mission, Awakenings, Midnight Run, Silver Linings Playbook, Raging Bull, New York New York, he's great in all of those in non-mafia roles, probably missing a few too.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Robert De Niro essentially plays Robert De Niro pretending to be someone else. He's had some of the coolest roles and performed them perfectly. He's an Icon but I don't he's particularly great at acting. Probably seems like a contradiction but he does menacing brilliantly. Someone like oldman can be completely different characters with full emotional range. I'm a big De  Niro fan.

FUCK typing his name my phone constantly changes every bit of it fucking fuck.