You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Hertha Berlin showing interest in Karius 

TLW

Loris Karius could be close to finding a new home with Hertha Berlin registering an interest in the goalkeeper.

The Daily Mail (via Goal) reports that the Bundesliga club are one of a number of clubs interested in the services of the 26 year-old.

Karius is desperate to find a home where he can start to enjoy his Football again after a period of great uncertainty.

Headlines regarding the keeper have switched from error-prone performances on the pitch to a level of personal fury off it with the German in a dispute with his on-loan club Besiktas over unpaid wages.

Karius initially took his complaint to FIFA after going four months without pay before his parent club stepped in to assist.

Besiktas then went public with the matter as they looked to portray Karius in a poor light which further antagonised the gloveman and led him to terminate his contract.

The Turkish giants ended up paying the German goalkeeper £400,000 in outstanding salary.

The contract termination happened earlier this month but not before Karius issued a full explain to the fans of the Turkish giants.

“It’s a shame it comes to an end like this but you should know that I have tried everything to solve this situation without any problems.

"I was very patient for months telling the board over and over again. Same things happened already last year. 

“Unfortunately they haven’t tried to solve this situational problem and even refused my suggestion to help by taking a pay cut.
"It’s important to me that you know I really enjoyed playing for this club a lot. 

“BESIKTAS can be proud having such passionate fans behind them always giving amazing support.

"You always supported me in good and bad times and I will always remember you in the best way!

"Also I want to say thank you to all my teammates, coaching staff including all people working for the club.

"You welcomed me with arms wide open from day one.

"Thank you so much! Champion Besiktas".

In all, Karius made 67 appearances for the Turkish club across two seasons.

image.png

The report also claims that Karius who is currently at home in Germany has been asked to not return back to Liverpool pre-season training hastening the need to find a new club.

There is an unwritten law in Football that custodians stick together and that is certainly the case with Champions League hero Jerzy Dudek who believes Karius has plenty more to give.

"I think he is absolutely a great goalkeeper, I have no doubt about this.

"But he wanted to go to Turkey to be a little bit out of sight.

"I had been to Kiev and when you speak about him [in that final], I feel a little bit sorry for him because he didn't deserve that.

"He is a great goalkeeper but things can happen. When that happens, you want to move and open another door to make another chance."

Any deal with Hertha could be a good fit for all concerned with the clubs striking up a sting working relationship due to the two-season loan of Marko Grujic who has impressed observers with his level of play.

While certainly being a player who caused Liverpool fans great frustration during his spell at the club, he seems to have a good heart and is certainly young enough to recover from the personal turmoil and make headlines for the right reasons. 

View full article

10 hours ago, TLW said:

Any deal with Hertha could be a good fit for all concerned with the clubs striking up a sting working relationship due to the two-season loan of Marko Grujic who has impressed observers with his level of play.

Grujic plus Karius can most definitely be regarded as a sting.