You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The coolest (non-Liverpool) football managers of all time

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Nothing wrong with thinking other fellas are cool.

No there isn't, I've always thought that Paddy Mayne must of been a bit of a cool loon. 

Programme on late tonight about him, Rogue Warriors, but there's a not bad Japanese film on the same time I think 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its 2020. At the risk of coming across a little bit gay, I'd let Klopp do whatever he wanted to me if it meant we had him for another 10 years.  

Haha, I don't think I would though, I wouldn't want his teeth marks on my shoulder. 

I was going to say his beer belly nestling in the small of my back if he had one, Neil Ruddock maybe. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Its 2020. At the risk of coming across a little bit gay, I'd let Klopp do whatever he wanted to me if it meant we had him for another 10 years.  

Bit arrogant assuming Jürgen would be interested

• Upvote 2

ACFA2D82-5869-4391-8EEC-DDF10E35A17B.jpeg

‘One morning I was on a sun lounger by the pool when I saw Sven walking towards me carrying a silver tray with a bottle of champagne and two glasses on it. It was still only ten o’clock in the morning…Sven came over and put the champagne on the table next to me, then placed one glass in front of me and the other by his lounger. I looked up and said, ‘Boss, what are we celebrating?’…He turned to me and smiled that gentle smile of his and took on the air of a Buddhist philosopher as he said, ‘Life, Kaiser.’ Then after pausing for dramatic effect, ‘We are celebrating…life.’
  • Upvote 2

Crusty old Sven would definitely be up there in the creepiest manager of all time category.

The type of coach who, if he managed a woman's team, would pick the side based on who'd gone down on him that week.

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Crusty old Sven would definitely be up there in the creepiest manager of all time category.

The type of coach who, if he managed a woman's team, would pick the side based on who'd gone down on him that week.

Yeah,he definitely comes across that way. Kudos to Sven for consistently tapping top class totty,especially having Tord Gripp as his wing man.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Sven is ace.

Sven should really be Dutch given how laid back his looks and personality are. In between all that though he is actually a pretty decent manager too. He's England's best in the modern era for me and even though England recently reached a WC Semi final it was by default more than anything.