You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PIA Plane Crash In Karachi

Anubis

24 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can somebody post the video on here?

You just see it descending then smoke just after it goes behind the building. Both engines failed apparently, just heard the mayday call from the pilot. 

It's unimaginable the horror of being on a doomed jet yet the pilots keep their cool professionalism to the last as you can hear as they talk to air traffic control, like on so many air disaster programmes you see when they're battling to get on top of a serious situation. Tragic as it always is. 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

It's unimaginable the horror of being on a doomed jet yet the pilots keep their cool professionalism to the last as you can hear as they talk to air traffic control, like on so many air disaster programmes you see when they're battling to get on top of a serious situation. Tragic as it always is. 

Mad isn't it. Top notch training and mental strength. 

"Oh my god were all gonna die!!!!"

"Everyone remain seated until the seatbelt lights turn off"

vMQ.mp4

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mad isn't it. Top notch training and mental strength. 

"Oh my god were all gonna die!!!!"

"Everyone remain seated until the seatbelt lights turn off"

vMQ.mp4

I remember coming back from the States, this fella was a total wreck staring at the TV screen thing on front of him the whole flight, I tried to say here read this, had loads of newspapers, to hopefully take his mind off things, I wouldn't say I'm the most comfortable myself, anyway coming into land was dead rough, he was shitting himself nearly crying. All the storage compartments flew open and all that, phew. 

The Stewardess who'd taken her seat for landing just behind us didn't bat an eyelid and said that was a bit messy wasn't it, so they too must be highly trained in coolness and composure even though they must be shitting it themselves. 

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

I remember coming back from the States, this fella was a total wreck staring at the TV screen thing on front of him the whole flight, I tried to say here read this, had loads of newspapers, to hopefully take his mind off things, I wouldn't say I'm the most comfortable myself, anyway coming into land was as dead rough, he was shitting himself nearly crying. All the storage compartments flew open and all that, phew. 

The Stewardess who'd taken her seat for landing just behind us didn't bat an eyelid and said that was a bit messy wasn't it, so they too must be highly trained in coolness and composure even though thy must be shitting it themselves. 

I hate flying. I need to be drunk before take off. I've flown all over the world like but can't remember not being pissed getting on a plane. Flew back from Berlin (I was checking out the dressing rooms) a couple of years ago. We'd had a works conference and took over a whole hotel. 2 days piss up basically and I hadn't had any sleep. Early morning flight and I'm sat next to two fucking walruses. My boss is across from me , both in the aisle seats. He had already said to stop swearing and rolled his eyes at me for being bladdered. The girl nearest the window was struggling with her seatbelt so I leant over to help her and uttered the words "What the fuck did you have for breakfast, stew?" 

I fell asleep before we took off and was woke up when we landed. Went back into work on the Monday and my boss basically said I'd be given a written warning for my behaviour had I not made him nearly shit a lung with laughter when I said that. 

• Upvote 1

Can't sleep on a plane, I don't drink either because I'd want a smoke.

Though I had quite a few large whiskies when coming in to land at NY, the steward, Air India, looked like one of those 70s Bollywood ageing actors and he just lashed it into your glass as he passed, sound, with a Samosa too. 

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Can't sleep on a plane, I don't drink either because I'd want a smoke.

Though I had quite a few large whiskies when coming in to land at NY, the steward, Air India, looked like on of those 70s Bollywood ageing actors and he just lashed it into your glass as he passed, sound, with a Samosa too. 

He sounds great. 

My ex sparked up on a flight to egypt once. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He sounds great. 

My ex sparked up on a flight to egypt once. 

I couldnt do it, though I know a few who have in the toilets and got fined or something. 

Yes he was boss, his hair, we still laugh about it now, it could of been like that Benny Hill  clip where he walks down the, aisle with a bucket of tea lashing it in left and right with a fag in his mouth, well that's what sprang to mind. 

Little moments of hilarity are to behold 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I couldnt do it, though I know a few who have in the toilets and got fined or something. 

Yes he was boss, his hair, we still laugh about it now, it could of been like that Benny Hill  clip where he walks down the, aisle with a bucket of tea lashing it in left and right with a fag in his mouth, well that's what sprang to mind. 

Little moments of hilarity are to behold 

They are. 

One thing always sticks in my mind. I was on the bus into town as a kid (10A I think) and we had pulled up in Old Swan. Big shop that had stuff outside. Two fellas walked up and grabbed a load of pillows and then ran off in perfect step synch. It was funny as fuck. 

58 minutes ago, easytoslip said:The Stewardess who'd taken her seat for landing just behind us didn't bat an eyelid and said that was a bit messy wasn't it, so they too must be highly trained in coolness and composure even though they must be shitting it themselves. 

I’d imagine that after a while you’ve been through so much turbulence and so many rough landings that it becomes second nature. Christ, every landing is a rough landing on a Ryanair flight.

The only part of flying that unnerves me is where you take off and the engines are roaring and then just suddenly go quiet, as if they’ve cut out. Other than that I’m not really arsed about turbulence or rough landings. Had some really rough turbulence on a flight back from Africa, which I’d have happily slept through if it wasn’t for the two loud and obnoxious Cockney geezers and their families squeaking on the two rows behind us. 

When I was in the ATC as a teenager, I was once in a two-manned plane on a flight session, when the pilot casually informed me that we were going to simulate an emergency landing with engine failure, then proceeded to turn off the engine and glide the plane in ever decreasing circles to land. After that turbulence is a minor inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’d imagine that after a while you’ve been through so much turbulence and so many rough landings that it becomes second nature. Christ, every landing is a rough landing on a Ryanair flight.

The only part of flying that unnerves me is where you take off and the engines are roaring and then just suddenly go quiet, as if they’ve cut out. Other than that I’m not really arsed about turbulence or rough landings. Had some really rough turbulence on a flight back from Africa, which I’d have happily slept through if it wasn’t for the two loud and obnoxious Cockney geezers and their families squeaking on the two rows behind us. 

When I was in the ATC as a teenager, I was once in a two-manned plane on a flight session, when the pilot casually informed me that we were going to simulate an emergency landing with engine failure, then proceeded to turn off the engine and glide the plane in ever decreasing circles to land. After that turbulence is a minor inconvenience.

This. And you go back in your seat as if it keeps stalling. I've flown in small planes and a few helicopters but I was too full of adrenaline to really be scared but sitting casually on a passenger jet as it hurtles off the runway is absolutely terrifying "Sir can you please take your headphones out and put the magazine away" "Listen love you've got 48 seconds to live we either crash or I pull your spleen out through your mouth" 

I was on a long overnight flight a couple  of years ago when we hit some major turbulence. A couple of kids shouted "Whee" and after a few more major bounces, nearly all the passengers were saying it and treating the whole thing like a fairground ride.

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yes that's a bit scary when the engines do that. 

Imagine dropping down thousands of feet in turbulence fuck that,  but yes pilots and crew are used to it, it must take some getting used to though. 

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Yes that's a bit scary when the engines do that. 

Imagine dropping down thousands of feet in turbulence fuck that,  but yes pilots and crew are used to it, it must take some getting used to though. 

Its just the engines throttling back due to not needing take off power any more plus noise regulations too,but it did used to scare me when I have flown in the past too.

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its just the engines throttling back due to not needing take off power any more plus noise regulations too,but it did used to scare me when I have flown in the past too.

Yes, a few times it's funny when I've seen someone shit themselves when they're sitting above the landing gear as they come out with a jolt haha.