You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random Football Observations.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Andy Robertson looks like he'd make a good can lad on a building site.

Haha can lad, not many say that these days, does it even exist? 

About 30 years ago we was working on the Trident Missile in Aldermaston, there was 2 Liverpool lads who where can lads, get everyone's orders, fill the generators up each morning etc, on a good number really but also supplying stolen cars, one said he was looking at a few years. 

I came back to Liverpool to work a few months later and there they were in the Echo, Atomic Car Thieves Jailed, I thought can lads now. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2020 at 11:30, AngryofTuebrook said:

Some players (Christian Vieri is the archetype) look shit, but get results.

Others - like Adam Lallana - look like they're doing all the right stuff, but don't have the end product. 

Stringy is disgusted with this correct but disrespectful post.

11 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Short corners are shit, almost as bad as a goalkeeper playing it out to a defender  from a goal kick for the defender to inevitably lump it up the pitch.

It's just maths. From a corner, the defending team can have all 11 in the area; the attacking team usually has 9. That's bad enough, but if you make it a short corner you're outnumbered 11-8 and you give a disciplined defence a couple of seconds to push up and play offside.

11 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The camera angle at Anfield when the new main stand opened was absolutely horrendous, they’ve subsequently fixed it and it’s same as the old days but there was a 2 year spell where it was eye aids.

Not quite. It's about the same height but it's set much further back. It makes both the pitch and the stadium look much bigger and is the best TV viewing angle. The camera gantry between 2016 and 2018 was at the front of the upper tier, so much much higher than previously. It gave a great view of the pitch but little of the stands.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Squad numbers and names on shirts is one of the few things that I like about modern footy.

One of my favourite Kenny Dalglish photos, this. Liverpool v Flamengo, 1981. A decade or so before the Premier League introduced squad numbers.

40A463B1-0C2F-4BF9-B2DC-EF49D700E2DA.jpeg

Yep, born to be king, fuckin love him

Here’s my random observation... that Bayern v Dortmund game I shoved on for the last 30 minutes looked like a football match to me. Not a particularly great one, but like a real one.

Its the first I’ve watched of any of these recommenced games and it was fine. If that’s how the prem comes back it’ll be sound.

the stream I was watching - BR I think, certainly a yank one - had crowd noise which I guess was an overlay they put on rather than piped in crowd noise in the stadium, and while it wasn’t quite right, it was better than nowt. 

im ok with that as a product.

also, is Jayden Sancho worth the fuss? Didn’t seem to do anything at all in the time I watched.