You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: It is the right time for the Premier League to return

TLW

Jürgen Klopp believes that it is the right time for the Premier League to resume the season.

The Reds manager has a very strong humanitarian side to his nature and has been one of the loudest voices saying that the game we all love is not the most important thing in the time of mass loss of life due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

So when he speaks on the issue, you know he is taking everything into consideration not just his own needs.

The Mirror reported Klopp as saying:

“I always said we don’t want to rush anything, but I don’t think it is rushed.

"Of course, there are different opinions, but I think with all the things we know about, sticking to the social distancing rule with testing as often as possible and stuff like this, the players will be safe.

“Germany showed this already – a couple of players had a positive test during the long period, they trained for five weeks and now they play already. They had altogether 10 or 12 positive tests.

"It’s now a good moment to do it for the football teams. Then other things, for sure, will follow.

Klopp says part of the recovery phase is steadily returning back to everyday life.

“It’s all about when – but everybody agrees you need to re-open step by step different parts of life again.

“Again, it’s not about what is the most important thing, because that’s clear: dealing with the virus, making sure all the people are safe. But then, from a specific moment on, you have to start with the future again.”

Klopp is pragmatic about the prospect of playing without no fans.

The German more than most,  loves to see the fans at Anfield singing at the top of the lungs and cheering on the Reds.

But he is certainly not one to dwell on the footballing negatives of the current predicament.

“Anfield will not be packed for a while. 

“So that’s what we have to accept, that’s the only thing.

“I know, football behind closed doors, of course it’s not the same, (but) why do we have to mention it? We love that but we cannot have it.

“Why would you think always about something you cannot have in the moment?

"It looks like it will be possible – and it is in Germany already possible – to play behind closed doors. (So) use the thing you have in the moment.

“The German football games were really good; super goals, real fight, tight games, clear games, clear results, a proper fight. 

“Imagine, the first night is a little bit like, ‘Have a look here and there, how will it work, how does it feel?’

“But in Germany so many teams play for pretty much everything – they want to stay in the league – and that’s exactly the same what will happen in England.

"When we start, it goes really again for everything. The competition will make the intensity. You will see, the intensity will go up."

Klopp has got a extra spring in step at this present time as he can work with his players once again.

And while physically they are in top shape, there are a few things they will need to brush up on. 

“I was over the moon, I would say.

"I couldn’t wait for a while now, so I am really happy that we are able to do this again – going back to Melwood, having small group training and stuff like this.

“From a physical point of view, the boys are in a good shape, they could run a marathon probably. 

“But we have to start getting used to the pitch, football boots and balls again; that’s a big challenge these football-specific things, make all the difference.

“The boys are fit but the moment you start playing football, you can see how different it is.

"That’s what we have to get through and we will get through it."

Jurgen.Klopp-711.jpg

It is a fact that Liverpool only needs two wins to claim a long awaited Premier League triumph.

It seemed almost cruel that the season was halted when it was as the “footballing gods”  look to conspire to deny the Reds again.

Now that a resumption is in the pipeline, Klopp is not treating it as a sure thing,

Instead he is imploring his players to maintain that rabid hunger that they displayed in the first two thirds of the season.

“When we start, it goes really again for everything,

“The competition will make the intensity. So it’s not about ‘oh, Liverpool have to win two games.

“By the way, we have to win two games when we start – it’s not ‘only two’, it’s two. We have to win them.”

"By the way, we have to win two games when we start – it’s not ‘only two’, it’s two. We have to win them.

Klopp is trying to win to win two games from the start. Sort of like a BOGOF. The normal one, my arse. 

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Do what we need to make it mathematically impossible and then fuck what happens after that. 

After we played Bournemouth, city had 2 league games to play before we played again. One was arsenal at home and I think maybe Burnley away? If they didnt win both, we'd be Champions without kicking a ball.

Im guessing the PL will not have city play those 2 games without us playing the derby. But if we win the derby and city lose to arsenal, that's it, isnt it?

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Lallana in goals and Harvey Manbun in for Virgil. I like your thinking. 

Actaully, beat Everton & Palace, put Citeh in their place and then attempt to badly fuck Villa & Brighton for being such mewling quims. 

Assuming it’s still against Chelsea, I’d also would like to win the day we get the trophy.

Seeing the photos on the offal got me wondering if Harvey Manbun has been getting haircuts every week day during the lockdown. Everyone else looks a little bit unkempt, and Lallana looks like he chose the missus-using-a-pudding-bowl-and-clippers option.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

After we played Bournemouth, city had 2 league games to play before we played again. One was arsenal at home and I think maybe Burnley away? If they didnt win both, we'd be Champions without kicking a ball.

Im guessing the PL will not have city play those 2 games without us playing the derby. But if we win the derby and city lose to arsenal, that's it, isnt it?

If that scenario played out, yeah it would be all over.