Quantcast
What's the best tv who-dun-it ? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

What's the best tv who-dun-it ?

Yeh yeh, I know True Detective series 1 was top notch but what about other detective / murder series?

A big deal for me is that all the clues needed to solve the crime must be on screen, no colossal leaps of faith or outrageous, non-sensical and illogical deductions. It's got to be fair.

Which series satisfy that criteria, which are the best?

• Upvote 1

I know that I was riveted to the original Forbrydelsen, totally engrossing, loved that series. However, I was absolutely certain I'd twigged the killer only to feel cheated at the very end.

In the penultimate episode the masked killer murdered another victim, shooting them left handed. In the final episode my chief suspect signed a birthday card right handed. Bugger! My theory was blown out of the water...only I was proven right half an hour later.

I felt utterly cheated by what I can only presume was a continuity error.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Never watched those mate, even though I do love a bit of Scando noir.

Might give them a try.

yeah, you should -  they're really good.  Watch the Kenneth Branagh version though, he's a great actor and it's better than the local version.  It's an evolving sub plot, so you need to watch them in order.  

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, stringvest said:

yeah, you should -  they're really good.  Watch the Kenneth Branagh version though, he's a great actor and it's better than the local version.  It's an evolving sub plot, so you need to watch them in order.  

Totally disagree. A posh English cast is shite in Sweden with loads of soap opera style support cast. Krister Henrikssen is the only real Wallander.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Totally disagree. A posh English cast is shite in Sweden with loads of soap opera style support cast. Krister Henrikssen is the only real Wallander.

ah well

• Upvote 1

Just now, stringvest said:

ah well

I tried to watch it with Branagh but found it awful. He is ok but the support cast were pretty poor to be honest. And all speaking in English in Ystad seemed a bit silly to me.

Elementary. Only recently started watching this - Jonny Lee Miller is an excellent Holmes and you've got Lucy Liu as Watson. Actually prefer this to Sherlock.

• Upvote 1