You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marmalade. What side of the wall do you stand?

Bjornebye

Marmalade. Where do you stand?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Marmalade. Where do you stand?

• I like the stuff.
    • I don't like it.
    • I'm sat on the fence. I'm indecisive. I'm a spreadable centrist.

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

The right side, its delicious.

I have however eaten my last of it. My new wonder meds preclude eating either it or grapefruit (no issue with the latter, obviously), as they contain an enzyme which supposedly makes the drugs next to useless.

Proper bastard, but arguably more important.

A difficult trade off for sure......I wonder how they managed to follow the trail and reach that conclusion! 

• Upvote 1

The best thing about Marmalade is you forget about it, then you see it out shopping and its like POW!... How have I ever forget you my old friend? You get a jar, its goes on toast for the following 5 or 6 days, its your now go too brecky solution.......and then you sort of forget about it, again, the jar inexplicably drifts onto the back of the rice and pasta shelf. Your bird launches it. Then the cycle starts again in about 8 months time. Its the marmalade dance. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

A difficult trade off for sure......I wonder how they managed to follow the trail and reach that conclusion! 

Aye, it’s a weird one. In the far recesses of my memory I think Seville Oranges have cropped up once before during a short-term course of something or other. It must be a known potential problem with certain meds. God knows mate, some right clever fuckers out there.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Champ said:

Very much.

I made some recently. Dead easy and a million times better than the mass produced stuff

I used to periodically have a glut of eggs and lemons/limes so to use them up I'd make lemon curd (or lemon cheese to give it its proper name).

Gorgeous stuff, but it cost a fortune in butter and sugar to use the "free" lemons and eggs.

• Upvote 2

On 19/05/2020 at 10:07, Bjornebye said:

Isn't Dundee famous for pies? You're putting Marmalade ahead of a pie? 

Back on the skag I see. 

On 19/05/2020 at 10:35, Mook said:

I've not heard that Dundee is famous for pies before. Jute, Jam & Journalism are what Dundee is renowned for. 

You've met me anyway, do I look like I eat a lot of pies?

I’ve no idea what they are but were you thinking about Forfar Bridies, Stig?

32 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Where did Desperate Dan get his Cow pies from then? They've even got a statue of him in Dundee.

The women of Dundee were flattered that they had a statue erected that resembled them. 

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

In the course of a tangentially-related-to-work conversation, Mrs O'T has just discovered that one of her colleagues has never heard of marmalade. 

Her colleague lives the kind of sheltered life that I am envious of. 

On 19/05/2020 at 09:52, Bjornebye said:

Verbal was having a go at Paddington Bear for stealing it on the Religion & Faith thread but as far as I'm concerned he can have the stuff. All of it the fat little tit. 

Marmalade was invented in a medieval STI clinic. Why waste your time on jellied piss when you can choose from truly lovely stuff like Jam or Honey? 

Only murderers and rapists eat Marmalade, fucking devils food.

• Upvote 1

On 19/05/2020 at 12:07, Tony Moanero said:

Rarely have it but don’t dislike it. As with jam and lemon curd, has to be good quality, preferably homemade.

Lemon Curd. It’s amazing. I haven’t had it in years, I need to get some. The other thing I used to have on bread as a kid waste paste. Do they even make that shot anymore. Sardine and Tomato was great, even though I like neither sardines nor tomatoes. 

49 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Never go back to childhood foods they always disappoint. Made my kids some spam fritters the other day, thought they’d be as lovely as I remembered, absolutely vile. 

Not had those since I was a kid. Or homemade chips made in a pan full of oil that looked like it could burst into flame at any second.