You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Chirivella expected to depart in the summer 

TLW

Liverpool are expecting the departure of Spanish midfielder Pedro Chirivella in the summer despite the club being keen for him to extend his stay at the club with a five year deal reportedly on the table.

Officially Chirivella who turns 23 next week has not made a final decision on his future, but the Echo believes that his desire for consistent first-team opportunities will see him leave the club after seven years and ten senior appearances.

image.png

Nantes and Rangers are just two clubs who have enquired about the services of the Valencia junior who captained Liverpool in the League Cup quarter-final defeat to Aston Villa, impressed in the FA Cup third round victory over Everton while also starting both games against Shrewsbury Town in the fourth round.

With the transfer landscape a big unknown due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Jürgen Klopp is keen to hold on to the majority of his current squad and has been very impressed with the performances of the defensive midfielder in those cup competitions.

Regardless of his long-term future, Chirivella could have his Anfield career extended beyond the scheduled expiry of June 30 with Premier League clubs having until June 23 to reach agreement on short-term extensions of deals due to the delayed conclusion of the season.

Adam Lallana and Nathaniel Clyne, both out of contract in the summer, are in a similar position.

View full article

I've been unkind to Pedro in the past.  In my mind, he'd come to symbolise shirt-filler; just a big "meh".  After his appearances this season, I realised he's both younger and better than I'd thought.

If he leaves, he could do a decent job for a decent team.