You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weird things you like

JohnnyH

2 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

Pushing through the feathers on a feather pillow or cushion and scratching with them.  For this reason I have to always have a feather pillow, I travel a lot for work (usually) and am in hotels probably 2 nights a week on average and take my own pillow with me. I’m not that far off 40, it’s tragic.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Dont worry Geoff , my mrs is far worse. She cant sleep without her Coolmax pillow so it regularly gets its own suitcase on trips abroad. We went on a world cruise last year and the first stop was Amsterdam, and while everybody else was getting stoned or in the Heineken museum we were buying a duvet in Primark.

I am the opposite and could sleep on an park bench , I actually slept on the floor of Athens airport after the 2007 CL Final.

I’ve been taking my own pillow into hospitals with me for a very long time. It’s the bedding equivalent of Alan’s big plate and I’ve lost count of the nurses etc who’ve taken the piss out of me for it when I turn up. Secret of a bearable night’s sleep though.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I’ve been taking my own pillow into hospitals with me for a very long time. It’s the bedding equivalent of Alan’s big plate and I’ve lost count of the nurses etc who’ve taken the piss out of me for it. Secret of a bearable night’s sleep though.

It basically travels with me in the car and I have it on my lap and push through the feathers as it drive, the ‘snapping’  sensation of the solid end of the feather is massively therapeutic. 
When I arrive at the hotel I will leave it in the car to begin with but the first job when getting to the room is checking if the pillow is feather. 90% of the time it’s some cotton wool filled atrocity but I always want to give them a chance.

I then have to march back downstairs to the car park to get mine and carry it through reception and one time through the dining room as well.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

It basically travels with me in the car and I have it on my lap and push through the feathers as it drive, the ‘snapping’  sensation of the solid end of the feather is massively therapeutic. 
When I arrive at the hotel I will leave it in the car to begin with but the first job when getting to the room is checking if the pillow is feather. 90% of the time it’s some cotton wool filled atrocity but I always want to give them a chance.

I then have to march back downstairs to the car park to get mine and carry it through reception and one time through the dining room as well.

This is superb.

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I eat sausage and bacon butties with a knife and fork, burgers, too. M&M’s with a teaspoon.

Used to frequent a fish and chip restaurant that did nice food but crap gravy, so I took my own in a flask.

David Cameron over here.

The M&M's one will never not make me chuckle.

You're basically the patron saint of this thread mate.

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

David Cameron over here.

The M&M's one will never not make me chuckle.

You're basically the patron saint of this thread mate.

Ha ha. I’m not a big coffee drinker but I do like expresso and iced coffee. The Young fella who worked in the coffee shop in town used to say he had nightmares about serving me as I was so pernickety. Poor lad!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, benwasmydog said:

The smell of Napalm in the morning.... Alternatively, the smell of my own farts in the morning. I'm easily amused.

I threw the covers over her head the other day after letting out a fart. I instantly knew as it came out the what I was doing was wrong. Napalm had nothing on this. I've had a dodgy stomach for weeks and this was seriously putrid. She nearly threw up. 

I could not live anywhere that's not near large waterways. Seas, rivers, canals, or large lakes, etc. The thought of living in a land locked place depresses me. 

I also look forward to the days becoming shorter and the weather getting colder.

I've also been known to take my own ground pepper to places I know are going to have those fucking shite pepper grinders.

I also hate being waited on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I could not live anywhere that's not near large waterways. Seas, rivers, canals, or large lakes, etc. The thought of living in a land locked place depresses me. 

I also look forward to the days becoming shorter and the weather getting colder.

I've also been known to take my own ground pepper to places I know are going to have those fucking shite pepper grinders.

I’m proposing a knighthood for services to melancholy here.

”Tell us some things you like”.

”I’ll tell you some things I fucking well don’t”.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I've always thought that, imagine not being a half hour from the coast or not seeing any docks etc, living in the Midlands, no thanks. 

7 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I've always thought that, imagine not being a half hour from the coast or not seeing any docks etc, living in the Midlands, no thanks. 

True we are landlocked, but we do have some decent rivers and canals with locks, and Rutland Water is only about a 30-minute drive from home for me. It's ace there in the summer.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Trumo said:

True we are landlocked, but we do have some decent rivers and canals with locks, and Rutland Water is only about a 30-minute drive from home for me. It's ace there in the summer.

I did mean to say that, I love Canals and there is some great countryside, when on the train say, its nice to see though obviously not enough, I didn't mean to be insulting to the Midlands its just a preference, text and how it comes out i, 

I live on the coast here but the town is shite 

Rutland Water, is great for Birds I believe? It's well mentioned and I'm pretty sure it's there where the first Ospreys nested in England? 

Love the Peak District too.