You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weird things you like

JohnnyH

4 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Used to have sugar butties as a kid. Still have the occasional crisp butty now, bacon flavoured Wheat Crunchies and tomato sauce are my favourite.

Plucking my own nasal hairs, or hairs that grow on or in my ears. One for the getting older thread too.

Plucking nasal hairs? They have painless trimmers now and I wouldnt be without one.

45 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Used to have sugar butties as a kid. Still have the occasional crisp butty now, bacon flavoured Wheat Crunchies and tomato sauce are my favourite.

Plucking my own nasal hairs, or hairs that grow on or in my ears. One for the getting older thread too.

It's an outrage Tomato Sauce Crisps are hard to come by, Crisp butties are a comfort food of the highest order. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

Cheese and jam sandwiches.

This seems all kinds of fucked up and wrong but I refuse to denounce it until I've tried it. What cheese, jam and bread are you (mis)using?

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I like salt and vinegar crisp on a cheese butty. 

Just the one individual crisp?

10 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Me old mum used to have sugar buttys and condensed milk buttys during the war they called the condensed milk ones conny onny butties never tried them myself but she said they were gorgeous and a real treat during the war in Liverpool 

Yes  conny onny, not heard that for years and can't say I remember tasting one, but our Jan used have vinegar butties, gross, or just bread with vinegar on, ugh. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Remmie said:

This seems all kinds of fucked up and wrong but I refuse to denounce it until I've tried it. What cheese, jam and bread are you (mis)using?

Bread - fresh white or granary.

Cheese - simple Cheddar or Red Leicester.

Jam - raspberry or strawberry, no lumps of fruit though.

It works on a similar level to cheese and pickle, just....sweet.

28 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Bread - fresh white or granary.

Cheese - simple Cheddar or Red Leicester.

Jam - raspberry or strawberry, no lumps of fruit though.

It works on a similar level to cheese and pickle, just....sweet.

Watching the game at a mates   he made Hot Cross Buns with Cheese on, really nice. 

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, I am. Hate waking up during the night in the pitch black.

Hope it's due to a retro fear like knightmare, the honey monster or Jeremy Beadle's withered hand

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dave D said:

Ive never heard of sugar butties....that is weird.

Not wrong.

Just weird.

Well....maybe a bit wrong

Sugar butties are proper working class belly fillers. In times of affluence conny onny butties. I darent buy condensed milk these days, I'd drink it straight out of the can. Lots of "non dairy creamer" varieties around now. Wankers, it's still about 50% sugar.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Me old mum used to have sugar buttys and condensed milk buttys during the war they called the condensed milk ones conny onny butties never tried them myself but she said they were gorgeous and a real treat during the war in Liverpool 

Sugar was rationed in the UK until the mid 50s. In 1945 the weekly ration was 227g a week. About the amount of sugar in a 2 litre bottle of Coke.

7 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

But you think sugar butties are weird!

You wont get it in your average pizza hut but the small independent Italian restaurants often list it as an additional option.

Some serve it as simply sliced hard boiled, others seem to crack an egg in the middle of the pizza so it bakes in the oven.

Deeeelicious with spicy sausage, ham,  onion, mushroom, chillis and plenty of black pepper