You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On this day...

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Ha ha, trying to find booze? Remember texting my mate to bring some lager as we got told alcohol free only at ground. Prick didn't so I had to share mine.

Thought that would be the only way to get through the second half!

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Might have put this on here before,  but watched the Istanbul one in the Standard in West Derby Village and a when Milan's third goal went in, a bluenose standing in the doorway jumped up and knocked himself unconscious on the lintel and was in his gores of blood .The paramedics were still there looking after him when Xabi's penalty follow-up went in.Would love to have heard his response when he was told the score.

This is one of my all time favourite ‘Everton fan being a knobhead’ stories. I was trying to remember who had witnessed it so thanks for that. You’d have killed to see his face when he came round properly.

25 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Richard Madley before he turned into Alan Partridge.Although what did Judy see in that jacket ???

Great memories thanks Tony .

I remember watching the final nervous as fuck then at the final whistle running upstairs as I couldn't watch the pens putting my headphones on and listening to Walk On constantly and praying .

Then what seemed forever my mum burst in saying "they've won".....I just flew past her downstairs to see Souness picking that fantastic looking trophy up 

Then Jimmy Greaves on ITV saying "I just don't know how this club constantly does these sort of things to win in that ground with that hostility.

Which made me feel incredibly proud of that team 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jimmy Case left Liverpool today to sign for Brighton in 1981. Not often Bob got anything wrong but I always felt letting Case go who was in his prime was one of them.

And for me a player who is sometimes overlooked when people are talking about all time great Liverpool players

Hard as nails and a shot like a rocket 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Jimmy Case left Liverpool today to sign for Brighton in 1981. Not often Bob got anything wrong but I always felt letting Case go who was in his prime was one of them.

And for me a player who is sometimes overlooked when people are talking about all time great Liverpool players

Came back to haunt us with Brighton in the FA Cup too. Him and Steve Heighway were my favourite two players from that era as a kid.

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Case, McDermott, Souness, Kennedy is still my favourite midfield.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...