You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ninja and the Scared Birds

Spy Bee

Our cats are generally good and don't bother bringing stuff in. However, on my birthday in January I was presented with a mouse's head. Not sure if it was a present or a warning.

Today is my wife's birthday. She came downstairs and found a pile of cat sick, ALL the cats' toys and a mouse corpse.

It's the thought that counts.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sut said:

Our cats are generally good and don't bother bringing stuff in. However, on my birthday in January I was presented with a mouse's head. Not sure if it was a present or a warning.

We had a mouse's head. We affectionately named it Fred.

I can live with corpses, but birds flying round the house is not so good.

One did bring a blue tit into the house a couple of weeks ago, which was chirrping away in his mouth. When I tried to take it off him, the little psycopath turned away from me and then snapped its neck.

11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and assumed there was some cool new band getting all the kids excited?

Its a superb name for a band. 

Thats it Spy Bee, get it a drum kit. 

14 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They're designed that way. It's not like they choose to become murderous psychopathic bastards!

And there's perfectly simple solutions like bells and toys that non-psychopathic owners routinely rely on with great success.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They're designed that way. It's not like they choose to become murderous psychopathic bastards!

I think I heard somewhere that they're trying to train you to become a self-sufficient hunter, as they would with their kittens.  (Pause a moment to consider what that means about the whole "who-owns-whom" dynamic.)  They start with dead things; then they bring half-dead things; then you graduate into catching your own mice and birds.

The good news is, you're a level more advanced than Mrs Sut.

• Upvote 1

About 7.30pm on Friday night he comes walking through the catflap with another juvenile blackbird, which despite my best efforts didn't make it. We ordered some collars with bells on and they arrived yesterday (making Steve Bezos some more dollar). This morning, we awoke to find that Ninja had managed to get his collar off. We have a spare, so we'll see if we are more successful tonight.

I was talking to the fella whose garden backs onto ours the other day. He said he found about a dozen cat collars under a shrub when he was clearing up. I wouldn't bother with collars, they get them off straight away.

9 minutes ago, Sut said:

I was talking to the fella whose garden backs onto ours the other day. He said he found about a dozen cat collars under a shrub when he was clearing up. I wouldn't bother with collars, they get them off straight away.

The only other option is to try and keep them in at the main feeding times for the birds I think.

17 minutes ago, Sut said:

Was he looking for jazz mags? I bet he was looking for jazz mags. 

10 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I haven't clicked on the article but hang on.... Australian researchers are saying to keep Cats indoors over there? Cats ! Fucking Cats !!!!! They've got Crocodiles, Spiders the size of man, Man eating Dogs..... I'll take my chances with the cats.