You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gloves

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Bring out the gimp.

6 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A : Fuck off you childish morons, the guy is looking for advice

B : I used to work in a pathology lab dealing with all manner of nasties. Unless you're working with sharp or pointy things nitrile are the best.. If you have problems taking them on or  off, have your own personal tin of talcum powder

iVwYKm.gif

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thought about asking this question on the Coronavirus thread but I have a feeling that this is going to become quite a big deal in the near future. Therefore I feel it deserves it's own thread.

I'm hearing that when I am able to work again (bear in mind that I will have to work within two metres so it's going to be a while until this is possible) that one of the conditions of being able to work is to wear gloves. There is not enough specific information yet as it's still early days but it's being suggested that the gloves need to be latex free. When looking up gloves there are a number of types...

Latex

Latex-free

Nitrile

Plastic Gloves

PVC Gloves

So many options and it seems that the proper protective gloves that do the job officially are reserved for the UK Govt. That seems completely fair. But where are you supposed to get gloves from that help prevent the spread if the best ones are reserved for the Govt?

If anyone has information on gloves - best to buy, where to buy, best type, types to avoid etc - then this is the place to shove them. Alternatively as usual the information (and any unwanted gloves - can also be shoved up @Mook's arse.

Seeing as some people have lost their ability to fucking smile, I will respond properly. 

I have no idea what the right answer is mate but it appears Stouffer knows what he is talking about so I genuinely hope you get the right guidance and whatever happens that you stay safe and your hands remain clean. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

giphy.gif

Sad to see this thread go the same way as the other one, with jokes and GIFs of Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Such a strange attitude we have to PPE in western society, something that could genuinely make a difference and save lives.  Sometimes I think we deserve to be allowed to discuss important topics on a football internet forum without distraction or childish humour.

Group.png

Just now, ))) said:

Sad to see this thread go the same way as the other one, with jokes and GIFs of Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Such a strange attitude we have to PPE in western society, something that could genuinely make a difference and save lives.  Sometimes I think we deserve to be allowed to discuss important topics on a football internet forum without distraction or childish humour.

Group.png

Oh no, you've got me there. 

Hey, isn't there a refreshing mental health perspective you could bring to this thread?  I'm sure it would make a right ripping read.  You shoehorn it into every other discussion, there must be a way you can link glove wearing and anxiety somehow.

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Hey, isn't there a refreshing mental health perspective you could bring to this thread?  I'm sure it would make a right ripping read.  You shoehorn it into every other discussion, there must be a way you can link glove wearing and anxiety somehow.

Considering some of the posts on the depression thread the last few days from some genuinely decent people , that’s another shitty thing to say in response to someone who was clearly taking the piss. 

Come on TK ffs. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Wearing gloves is a terrible idea for those with health anxiety or those who would never condone using any form of PPE that hasn't been approved or scientifically reviewed by TK421. How's that for a good ole shoehorn?

Please refer to your GP for further guidance* 

* just in case Lifey wakes up on the wrong side of the bed again.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Considering some of the posts on the depression thread the last few days from some genuinely decent people , that’s another shitty thing to say in response to someone who was clearly taking the piss. 

Come on TK ffs. 

Fair enough, I just don't like the guy.  I don't like his shit username, I don't like his dogmatic approach to mental health issues and I was made up when Lifetime Fan called him out for the bullshitting charlatan he is.  

Just now, TK421 said:

Fair enough, I just don't like the guy.  I don't like his shit username, I don't like his dogmatic approach to mental health issues and I was made up when Lifetime Fan called him out for the bullshitting charlatan he is.  

Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

xx

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Contrary to masks, I doubt gloves are useful or worth it. There are ways to kill a virus when it is on your hands pretty easily and its not like your face where there are points of entry through the eyes, nose and mouth. 

Interesting perspective.  Personally I err on the side of caution and use gloves when I'm touching surfaces the public use, e.g. in supermarkets and at the petrol pump.  Afterwards, I discard of the gloves and then use hand sanitizer. 

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Contrary to masks, I doubt gloves are useful or worth it. There are ways to kill a virus when it is on your hands pretty easily and its not like your face where there are points of entry through the eyes, nose and mouth. 

The problem is that during the process of (in my case) driving tuition - if someone were to catch the disease from inside my car and they were reasonably able to point a finger in my direction, if I were unable to prove that I took the necessary precautions it could potentially mean big, big trouble for me personally. Whether it is effective or not is a moot point, whether I applied it or not is what is important.

If you've read the book on the USS Indianapolis, there is a theory that a boat travelling in zig zags is harder to track on radar than a boat travelling in a straight line. As this is a theory the US Navy subscribes to, if it's not adhered to then you are risking a court marshal. The Captain of the Indianapolis did not travel in zig zags and that was one of the key reasons why he was court marshalled.

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The problem is that during the process of (in my case) driving tuition - if someone were to catch the disease from inside my car and they were reasonably able to point a finger in my direction, if I were unable to prove that I took the necessary precautions it could potentially mean big, big trouble for me personally. Whether it is effective or not is a moot point, whether I applied it or not is what is important.

If you've read the book on the USS Indianapolis, there is a theory that a boat travelling in zig zags is harder to track on radar than a boat travelling in a straight line. As this is a theory the US Navy subscribes to, if it's not adhered to then you are risking a court marshal. The Captain of the Indianapolis did not travel in zig zags and that was one of the key reasons why he was court marshalled.

Yes, for your job it may make sense to wear gloves. 

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

A : Fuck off you childish morons, the guy is looking for advice

B : I used to work in a pathology lab dealing with all manner of nasties. Unless you're working with sharp or pointy things nitrile are the best.. If you have problems taking them on or  off, have your own personal tin of talcum powder

I'm very much in the experimental phase right now, so having already ordered some neoprene gloves I will also order some nitrile ones. These ones seem to be in short supply at the moment so I will have to do some research into where to get them.

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just make sure your student zig-zags then