You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moment of the season 19/20

Code

Away to Villa.

Battered them for 80 odd minutes with no luck or reward and had a VAR go against us.

Then Robbo pops up for his goal and then Mane heads home from an impossible angle, cue pandemonium in the Red seats.

Players faces when the final whistle went, all in front of us, fists clenched.
Just knew it was ours after that game.

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Code said:

When Salah scored that goal against the mancs. The whole stadium erupted in the we’re gonna win the league chant.

That was the moment everyone knew it for certain, it was ours.

789F238A-1021-41BC-9D48-E2E21C8B9E0E.jpeg

BAAE6FC9-088E-4542-A1F6-7259286D4657.jpeg

1F04BD88-606A-4299-8401-5013F615675B.jpeg

That's the one.

It was a proper unplanned, shared experience.  We all sort of knew it, but didn't want to jinx it by saying it out loud, so we used code like "Liverpool, Liverpool Top of the league" and "Now you're gonna believe us, We're champions of the world".  But when Mo scored, everyone thought "Fuck it!  Nothing can jinx this now."  (Well, nothing but a once-in-a-century global pandemic, but, you know...)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Robbo's header against Villa and the subsequent 5 minutes, absolutely encapsulated what this team is about and the moment for the first time in my life I genuinely believed we were going to win the league. 

Ye the Villa game felt huge - City played at the same time were winning when we looked like dropping points.

To come in at the end of their match and heard we got 2 goals right at the death. That must have been a huge ‘Ah for fuck sake’ moment for pep and City.

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's the one.

It was a proper unplanned, shared experience.  We all sort of knew it, but didn't want to jinx it by saying it out loud, so we used code like "Liverpool, Liverpool Top of the league" and "Now you're gonna believe us, We're champions of the world".  But when Mo scored, everyone thought "Fuck it!  Nothing can jinx this now."  (Well, nothing but a once-in-a-century global pandemic, but, you know...)

Fuck off code.

• Upvote 1

The City game was massive in terms of the belief it built. Moment of the season for me was Fabinho’s goal in that same game. From the Trent penalty shout to Fab’s goal 30 seconds later felt like a massive turning point. It was also the day Guardiola started losing the plot.

E4153472-1835-40CB-B97A-EB2D97AA067E.jpeg

6BFE144B-A427-4348-9403-0041C1E5FA16.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Wolves away that was the 1 game we played all season where I thought we actually would get beat ( I know we lost to Watford but that was a complete surprise)

That was such a hard game but we did it and at end could tell players had played hardest game of year and still won....

That and Leicester away

It's the Man Utd game as Code has said.

Even if there had been no virus and the league played out and we won it a few weeks back and Henderson picked up the trophy last weekend, the Man Utd game would still be the one everyone talks about in the club video of the season. The delirium of the late sealing goal and then for the first time in decades the whole ground breaking into a rendition of "We're gonna win the league" that we actually means and could be heard on the moon.  That's when everyone knew it for sure.  There's been quite a few other brilliant moments, but none as special as that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Difficult to identify one moment.

Beating Citeh, winning at Palace after conceding late on, Villa, winning at Wolves where we deserved to lose, hanging on to beat Brighton and scraping past West Ham.

If I had to pick one it would be Palace. Coming a couple of weeks after the Villa game, I came out understanding we definitely had that something that propelled us to victory even when the gods conspired against us.

This...

19955542-C514-4D0E-B8F0-647D1B2AC44F.jpeg

Followed by this...

569444FA-5631-4E5F-AB9D-02AF4871FCDA.jpeg

And then this...

F7878229-A043-48B6-AFED-27009E0E9129.jpeg

Throw in the game against Spurs where we came from behind v Spurs (and were utterly brilliant) and these crucial goals over that October / November period were the wins that saw us pull away from Citeh. 

On 12/05/2020 at 18:23, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

CBF0A813-0ECC-4FBF-9C48-A918F4685EF2.jpeg

Moment of the season, realising how much Henderson has improved as a Captain...

– Liverpool have a win percentage of 80% in all competitions when Henderson has been in the team this season. That drops to 61.5% when he’s not playing.

– Henderson is unbeaten in his last 39 league appearances for Liverpool, winning 35 and drawing four.

– The midfielder has made 10.5 passes into the final third per 90 minutes in the Premier League in 2019-20. Trent Alexander-Arnold is the only Liverpool player to average more.

– Jurgen Klopp’s side have conceded 0.8 goals per game in all competitions when Henderson has been playing this season. That increases to 1.76 goals per game when he’s not in the team.

– Only five Premier League players have created more chances via through balls than Henderson this season.

– Henderson has made 55 tackles in the Premier League this season, more than any other Liverpool player.

– He ranks third in the Premier League for possession won in attacking areas this season, doing so 1.1 times per 90 minutes.

I thought it was this.?  

LnaKL.pngZ

I’ll remember it as not just as a season but as whole year when we were so utterly dominant in that we had won 37 out of 39 games thus amassing 107 points out of 109 and literally creating a fortress at Anfield.. Not only that but we’ve done it in a style in which we don’t have to kick opponents off the pitch nor pressurise the ref via the players or by the manager till it goes our way. And we’ve done it in a time when to be fair we are up against one of the best teams the country has ever seen in Man (untold wealth) City which makes our achievement even more incredible. You also have to throw in being agonisingly pipped the season before which shouldn’t be overlooked despite getting 97 points we had the mental resilience to come back even stronger.

And in that time it has made rival fan bases that fearful, terrified and fuck me toxic over us winning the league that they have literally resorted (and still are) to anything to try and belittle that achievement or even now get it cancelled like it never happened .

For me thought the stand out performances were Leicester (both games) especially the away one and not just for the scoreline but because of the number of games in December we’d played before it. 
And also Wolves away in which they threw everything at us but we still put in a proper old school type of battling display that champions produce when winning a league