You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Liverpool exploring options for Ndombele loan

TLW

Liverpool are weighing up taking out-of favour Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele on a loan according to reports.

The state of club finances across the footballing landscape have been widely discussed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

No fans through the gates mean no revenue for the clubs and therefore rather than forking out large sums of money for big money signing which has become the norm, loans could be more practical.

French publication Foot Metcato (via Football 365) reports that the relationship between Jose Mourinho and the midfielder is ‘broken beyond repair’ especially after the Portuguese made public his thoughts over Ndombele’s professionalism after a 1-1 draw against Burnley on March the 7th just before the halt to the season.

“ In the first half we didn’t have a midfield.

“I know the Premier League is difficult and some players take a long time to adapt to a different league. But a player with his potential has to give us more than he is giving us.

“He has to know he has to do much better and know I cannot keep giving him opportunities to play because the team is much more important.

Naturally such a specific public attack such as that did not go down well with the former Lyon midfielder and current French international and he is reportedly looking at his options.

image.png

While the critique by Mourinho was done in an humilating way, there is little doubt that Ndombele has not produced what Tottenham were expecting when signing him for a club record fee of £55 million especially when he came with these kind of comparisons.

“Jean-Michel Aulas, the president, has described Ndombele as the “new Michael Essien” while former manager Bruno Genesio, says he “can be a new Paul Pogba”. There have also been the comparisons to N’Golo Kanté”

“But Spurs fans will certainly see shades of (Mousa) Dembélé when Ndombele goes to work for them. Watch for how he gets his body in between the ball and his opponent before he rolls out the shoulder drops, the drag-backs and the pirouettes to get his team moving. 

“Ndombele likes to manipulate the ball, Dembélé-style, by whipping his studs across the top of it while he is an excellent passer but there is also a major difference and it lies in his verticality, as they are fond of saying in France.”

While Jürgen Klopp has a number of quality options at his disposal in the middle part of the pitch, the piece alludes to the fact that James Milner is coming to the latter part of what has been a highly distinguished career while Naby Keita despite getting opportunities has not displayed the consistency that was expected on his arrival from RB Leipzig.

Jürgen Klopp is well known to choose his targets with precision and work with them diligently to mould them into the end product.

Just as importantly, he is the type of manager that players want to play for.

At just 23 Ndombele has a lot more to give than what he shown in his 19 league appearances so far.

Certainly one rumour to follow with interest.

View full article

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A player who’s fitness levels are below PL standard and who purportedly doesn’t like hard training? Don’t think Klopp will give him the time of day.

Would you really take shit coats word on that matter? 

I for one, would not. 

But being honest, I don't think I've ever noticed that lad in a game. Maybe because I don't watch many spurs games or maybe because he's been anonymous..... 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Very believable.   Seen some great Clickbait on BBC today.   Atletico to swap the quality Partey for the average injury prone Chamberlain. 

Suuuuure. 

Check the source for that. Tells you everything you need to know.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

It’s not just Shitcoat’s word. Take a look at the threads on Spurs forums from fans watching him every game.

Could well just be his confidence is shot playing for that cunt who been throwing him under the bus for not playing while injured since he got there 

• Upvote 1

He's a good player, used as a Scapegoat by Mourinho. Believe it or not Klopp has a habit of turning players careers around. If there was even a chance of getting him on loan I'm sure Klopp wouldn't have the 'supposed issues' that Mourinho inferred. Probably 1% chance of signing...need to build that squad though.

On 11/05/2020 at 17:44, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not to worry, next time I have an opinion, I'll run it by you first.

World champs, European champs ,English champs best manager in the world , some of the best players in the world . 

Nope , I'm not happy either.

Sheesh