You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Partner's 11

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

The Mrs' effort. Paul Scholes was 'that little ginger feller' in midfield, until she remembered his name.

Petr Cech

Van Dijk      Adams           Keown

Maradona          Gerrard          Scholes             Henry

Ronaldo               Pele                Vardy

Manager: Arsene Wenger. 

Not too bad really.

Any side that Mrs Tash picked was always going to be strong up front.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I reckon mine would have a good stab at naming the current Liverpool xi. 

she’s bought in on them since we met and watches most the games.

not sure what she knows outside of us, but as were the best team in the world she’s end up winning this.

Similar. 

She’s a red, has two boys that are footy mad and watches every game with me. 

Reckon I’ll make her do it without any current players. 

Klopp

Mignolet (Better looking than other keepers apparently including Karius and Allison)

Little fast legs (Sterling)

Big bushy hair (Salah)

Charity guy (Mane)

Shevchenko 

Yarmolenko

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

11 whores in a hotel room (Maradona)

Zidane

Beckham

Formation:

Mignolet

Sterling - Beckham - Yarmolenko - Salah                                                                  Zidane 

Mane  -   Maradona - Ronaldinho

Ronaldo     -     Shevchenko 

• Upvote 1

I informed my Welsh wife that when we get the kids to bed later we will be discussing this.  She looked at me perplexed and said "I know fucking nothing about football".  I said "it's just a bit of fucking fun for fucks sake".  She said "don't snap at me". And now she's not talking to me.  This lockdown has tested our marriage...

I'll try again later.  She used to babysit Danny Ward so I'm waiting to see if he comes up.

• Upvote 2

My wife's 11. I suggested a 433 but she said it would be a four four fucking two.                                                                

1. P Schmeichel

2. Luis Suarez                       4. Kenny Dalglish                            5. Fernando Torres               3. Thiery Henry 

6. Steven Gerrard                 7. The Greasy One                           8. Messi                                 11. Son

9. The one that Smells Nice               10. Bobby Charlton

The Greasy One is fake Ronaldo, of course, and she was actually listening when I told her of Troy Deeny's man-love for Virgil.

I think there is a total football vibe about this team. That and defending from the front with big Virg.

2 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

My wife's 11. I suggested a 433 but she said it would be a four four fucking two.                                                                

1. P Schmeichel

2. Luis Suarez                       4. Kenny Dalglish                            5. Fernando Torres               3. Thiery Henry 

6. Steven Gerrard                 7. The Greasy One                           8. Messi                                 11. Son

9. The one that Smells Nice               10. Bobby Charlton

The Greasy One is fake Ronaldo, of course, and she was actually listening when I told her of Troy Deeny's man-love for Virgil.

I think there is a total football vibe about this team. That and defending from the front with big Virg.

That's hysterical.   Bobby Charlton thrown in at the end finished me

On 06/05/2020 at 21:57, lifetime fan said:

Similar. 

She’s a red, has two boys that are footy mad and watches every game with me. 

Reckon I’ll make her do it without any current players. 

Ex players XI. 

Schmeichel

Rob Jones  Hansen  McGrath  Staunton

Gerrard  Alonso  Keane  Brady

Kenny  Fowler

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

hahaha I can imagine your face when she said it! I can hear the high pitched response as well hahahaha 

She shocked me with Staunton, McGrath and Brady but she’s a thing for Irishmen and She fancied Rob Jones so that all made sense. 

But the Fowler pick really pissed me off. 

I tried. 

Her “I don’t know any footballers!”

Me ”You must do. Just 11 names. You must do.”

Her “I literally don’t know one”

Me “you used to babysit an ex-Liverpool goalkeeper”

Her “Sarah?”

Me “Fucking hell.....”

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I tried. 

Her “I don’t know any footballers!”

Me ”You must do. Just 11 names. You must do.”