You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Partner's 11

Saw this on twitter and thought it might be worth a few minutes. 

Ask your missus to put together a starting 11 of players they know and a manager. No help, no google.  Then squeeze them into a formation. 

Manager Klopp

She's gone for a daring, attacking 11 with players from her native France and England mostly.  She struggled for a keeper and then pulled Schmeichal out of the bag, so fair play.  Her first pick was Pele, followed by Henderson which is a bit achievement for our captain. 

Hendo unlucky to be lumped in at right back but as she failed to name a single defender I had to improvise. Lallana's new role as a midfield destroyer this season got him the nod as CB with Lampard and Owen's pace as a wing back might come in handy if Henry cuts inside.  The attacking might of Henry, Pele and Salah all, naturally, supporting The Lanky Lad, who I assume is Crouch. 

Dangerously 11.png

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Ask your missus to put together a starting 11 of players they know and a manager. No help, no google.  Then squeeze them into a formation. 

Manager Klopp

She's gone for a daring, attacking 11 with players from her native France and England mostly.  She struggled for a keeper and then pulled Schmeichal out of the bag, so fair play.  Her first pick was Pele, followed by Henderson which is a bit achievement for our captain. 

Hendo unlucky to be lumped in at right back but as she failed to name a single defender I had to improvise. Lallana's new role as a midfield destroyer this season got him the nod as CB with Lampard and Owen's pace as a wing back might come in handy if Henry cuts inside.  The attacking might of Henry, Pele and Salah all, naturally, supporting The Lanky Lad, who I assume is Crouch. 

Dangerously 11.png

Mrs Paulie - shoehorning players into starting line-ups the way she shoehorns furniture into bedrooms.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Manager Klopp

Dangerously 11.png

The Rock, Keith Lemon, Olly Murs and Dad would make a better back four than that.

Just asked my missus, she replied:

Gerrard

Beckham

"what's his name ... the rapist" (Cristiano Ronaldo)

"the one with the dimples" (after a long conversation, it turned out this was Messi)

That's it. After 18 years of marriage, me talking about football constantly, that's the sum total of players she knows.

• Upvote 3

I reckon mine would have a good stab at naming the current Liverpool xi. 

she’s bought in on them since we met and watches most the games.

not sure what she knows outside of us, but as were the best team in the world she’s end up winning this.

15 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Manager Klopp

Dangerously 11.png

Get the lanky lad in at centre half. Beckham right back, Lampard into the middle, Hendo left back and get Owen up front with Pele.

———Pele — Owen

—Henry—Cantona—Salah

————- Lampard

Hendo—Lallana—Crouch—Becks

————Schmeichel

Much better balance to that.

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I reckon mine would have a good stab at naming the current Liverpool xi. 

she’s bought in on them since we met and watches most the games.

not sure what she knows outside of us, but as were the best team in the world she’s end up winning this.

Mrs O'T doesn't really fit with the basic premise of this thread - she could probably throw together a better starting XI than I could.

Just asked the blue in the household. Isn't that bitter clearly. 

Southall

Trent (Because he's from West Derby

Dave Watson

VVD

Unsworth 

Kanchelskis

Gazza 

Jordan Henderson 

Limpar

Dixie Dean

Rooney

Manager - Duncan Ferguson 

The Mrs' effort. Paul Scholes was 'that little ginger feller' in midfield, until she remembered his name.

Petr Cech

Van Dijk      Adams           Keown

Maradona          Gerrard          Scholes             Henry

Ronaldo               Pele                Vardy

Manager: Arsene Wenger. 

Not too bad really.

• Upvote 1

My missus likes the footy. She went 3-4-3. She didn't like being put under pressure picking it so she picked it quick. She doesn't like Messi or Ronaldo. She's 31 so Rush and Maradona are not picks I expected.

Buffon

Kompany

Van Dijk

Agger

Gerrard

David Silva

Alonso

Barnes

Rush

Salah

Maradona

Manager:

Klopp

• Upvote 3

Asked my missus and she had a pretty good stab. Positions weren’t perfect but she gets a bit of a pass as she’s just come off nights and is a bit tired.

Allison

T. A. Arnold 

the one that always does Cruyff turns who’s a bit shit

VIRGIL

Fabinho

Milner

Shaqiri

Mo

Firmino

Henderson

Mane

she also deliberately put Lovren on the bench.

so then I asked her to do it again without any current Liverpool players in it, and it ended up a lot like Paulie’s wife’s opening effort.

schmeichel

man with massive thighs (Adams Traore)

Ginola

Fred

Shearer

Son

Lineker

Awful fat Shrek

Rapino

Gerrard

Kane

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

My missus likes the footy. She went 3-4-3. She didn't like being put under pressure picking it so she picked it quick. She doesn't like Messi or Ronaldo. She's 31 so Rush and Maradona are not picks I expected.

Buffon

Kompany

Van Dijk

Agger

Gerrard

David Silva

Alonso

Barnes

Rush

Salah

Maradona

Manager: