You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yorkshire pudding poll?

lifetime fan

A or B?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My assumption as well.

That and they are burnt, which the breakfast thread shows he has form in. 

Most people who read the foodie and breakfast threads will know which ones are lifey’s. I like the look of his food, some of it too overdone for me, but on the whole it looks very nice.

28 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, this is what Yorkshire puddings should look like. (A) aren’t far off these. They’re supposed to be crispy on the outside and shouldn’t be uniform in shape. If you want the latter, buy Aunt Bessie’s. 

533321E0-DD19-4AC3-BB89-945AC3F87B9F.jpeg

The shape wasn't the issue for me, it was how overdone, they look completely dried out.  I'd rather have Aunt Bessie’s than a pile of dust. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fezzman said:

Have to say A. The fat was obviously hotter when the batter was poured in, resulting in a crispier, but less uniform-shaped yorkie. B are still good though.

I'd also say that neither of them are overcooked, but that might just be my taste.

18 posts in 11 years is some quality lurkage

Cap doffed

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Moo said:

The shape wasn't the issue for me, it was how overdone, they look completely dried out.  I'd rather have Aunt Bessie’s than a pile of dust. 

Yep, as I said, I prefer the look of A but they are fucking burnt, let’s be honest here. They’d have been perfect If they’d come out of the oven 5-10 mins earlier.

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, this is what Yorkshire puddings should look like. (A) aren’t far off these. They’re supposed to be crispy on the outside and shouldn’t be uniform in shape. If you want the latter, buy Aunt Bessie’s. 

I presumed that Lifey's were the top ones. If they'd been cooked a bit more like this (his looked a little overdone), they'd have got my vote. I could eat the whole tray of these.

5 hours ago, Moo said:

Once had a lad in Wetherspoons take the piss out of me for wearing shorts on Christmas Day, whilst I had a couple of pints before going home for my dinner. This lad was having his in there. My parting shot was along the lines of “Yeah, sound, enjoy your boil in the bag turkey, Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshires and frozen roasties, you blert”.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Once had a lad in Wetherspoons take the piss out of me for wearing shorts on Christmas Day, whilst I had a couple of pints before going home for my dinner. This lad was having his in there. My parting shot was along the lines of “Yeah, sound, enjoy your boil in the bag turkey, Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshires and frozen roasties, you blert”.

Thats no way to speak to the manager mate.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Most people who read the foodie and breakfast threads will know which ones are lifey’s. I like the look of his food, some of it too overdone for me, but on the whole it looks very nice.

Mate you must think the Fire of London was a fucking bonfire that got a bit out of hand then 

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

You're right, but A didn't look like this.

Maybe we need a cross-section to really judge. Weight up the fluffy middle/crisp outside layer ratio that way.

23 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Fixed it for you.

I'm just going to pretend I haven't seen this

Obviously nobody in their right mind would add beans to a Yorkie in preference to gravy

Depravity on that scale was stamped out during the Inquisition