You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yorkshire pudding poll?

lifetime fan

A or B?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The ones in A look like survivors of the Chernobyl disaster. 

I can assure you, no-one survives what happened to them Yorkshires.

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Lockdown has meant I’ve not been able to meet up with my brother for a few beers to argue and give him shit. 

So we were both pissed and arguing on Sunday about who could make the better Yorkshire puddings...

3 posters know which is which and can verify the result. Their votes won’t count but the GF will decide this argument. 

Exhibit A

995B21D6-2327-47E9-B825-F9DA2340ED3B.jpeg

Exhibit B

DF981A42-8E66-412B-807C-1A9A1CB8464A.jpeg

Did you invite Jaws out for dinner?

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I know which ones are lifeys and to be honest I haven't eaten any that are done his way so am intrigued.

This will sicken you purists but at a festival once they had giant Yorkshire puds that they used as wraps for veg, gravy, stuffing and veggie sausages in my case but meat for the dead massive and they were very nice

To be fair when I saw this thread I thought it said 'Yorkshire Pudding Roll' 

18 minutes ago, Moo said:

B look better but even still overdone. 

A look terrible, like they'd snap then crumble to nothing - not want you want in a Yorkshire. 

I can’t believe B have so many votes, they don’t look very nice at all. Yorkshire puddings are supposed to be crispy on the outside. A are overdone but not by loads.

A are dangerously close to the OTT ones you sometimes get when out for a meal, they don't so much catch the gravy as threaten to tip it into your lap... They need to be lovely gravy sponges, needs some crispy bits but there's a ratio to hit there.

That said, B look like there's too much flour in the mix, the tops look grainy which is just weird. I'd still go for A, not mad about either, but would still probably be looking for at least a second one on my plate regardless. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I can’t believe B have so many votes, they don’t look very nice at all. Yorkshire puddings are supposed to be crispy on the outside. A are overdone but not by loads.

Neither of them look very nice. 

Can't see A making a comeback now so who's is who's  ?

15 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Lockdown has meant I’ve not been able to meet up with my brother for a few beers to argue and give him shit. 

So we were both pissed and arguing on Sunday about who could make the better Yorkshire puddings...

3 posters know which is which and can verify the result. Their votes won’t count but the GF will decide this argument. 

Exhibit A

995B21D6-2327-47E9-B825-F9DA2340ED3B.jpeg

Exhibit B

DF981A42-8E66-412B-807C-1A9A1CB8464A.jpeg

Exhibit a, bit too merrick like 

exhibit b, do you 2 try to fuck everything? Why has he made Yorkshire rings?

13 hours ago, Remmie said:

I know which ones are lifeys and to be honest I haven't eaten any that are done his way so am intrigued.

This will sicken you purists but at a festival once they had giant Yorkshire puds that they used as wraps for veg, gravy, stuffing and veggie sausages in my case but meat for the dead massive and they were very nice

Can’t beat a big Yorkshire filled with chicken curry.

Have to say A. The fat was obviously hotter when the batter was poured in, resulting in a crispier, but less uniform-shaped yorkie. B are still good though.

I'd also say that neither of them are overcooked, but that might just be my taste.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I dont do the foodie thread but at a guess I'd say A were Cols because of the presentation. 

My assumption as well.

That and they are burnt, which the breakfast thread shows he has form in.